DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 129,865
Maybe since their Internet TV was not so successful (flop) , they wanted to see the response and then move forward. If that was the case, they should have released Xstream box with better hardware ie at least 3 gb ram and 32 gb internal storage and better chipset.

Buddy having advanced technology/features in box is not a constraint but making it happen at limited cost is the problem. Most people are not willing to dish out money for premium products. Let alone XStream box, even operators had to cut down on quality for regular SD or HD boxes bcoz of this reason.

It's funny though that later on subscribers have to get boxes replaced frequently thus eventually adding to expenses. For TV channels too people prefer minimal cost but end up paying more for products which advertise on these chs and add marketing cost to MRP. Atleast one should pay appropriate amount for news chs so that we get proper information/content there rather than what is being presented today

I didn't know AirTel DTH doesn't have MTV Beats HD & NGC Wild HD...That's a bummer for me (as I already applied for a new connection) as I watch these two channels (on DishTV) almost daily specially the Beats HD... :cautious:

India I think has only 1 Hindi HD music channel & I don't know why it's not being provided by AirTel...Not sure about Sony Rox HD as I have heard the channel name for the first time today but I don't think it's better than MTV Beats HD...DishTV didn't have Rox HD so no idea...

Last edited:
I didn't know AirTel DTH doesn't have MTV Beats HD & NGC Wild HD...That's a bummer for me (as I already applied for a new connection) as I watch these two channels (on DishTV) almost daily specially the Beats HD... :cautious:

India I think has only 1 Hindi HD music channel & I don't know why it's not being provided by AirTel...Not sure about Sony Rox HD as I have heard the channel name for the first time today but I don't think it's better than MTV Beats HD...DishTV didn't have Rox HD so no idea...
Airtel does have NGC Wild HD. They might add MTV Beats HD soon. Rox HD was shutdown.

If you got internet connection. You can always listen to music on Gaana, Spotify, Play Music and YouTube. I personally use Gaana as it has no ads on TV app. Music is meant to be heard not watched.

Airtel does have NGC Wild HD. They might add MTV Beats HD soon. Rox HD was shutdown.
Thanks for confirming about the NGC Wild HD...I was going through the channels list provided on their official page (India's leading provider of Prepaid & Postpaid Mobile Services in India - Airtel.in) & now it seems like they have not updated the list because Wild HD is not there & Rox HD was there...

I have downloaded the list you have in your sig for future reference...Thank You...

Last edited:
If you got internet connection. You can always listen to music on Gaana, Spotify, Play Music and YouTube. I personally use Gaana as it has no ads on TV app. Music is meant to be heard not watched.
I have them all but I still prefer watching them...It's about personal preferences... :)

YouTube has music videos bro.
I know bro but I mostly watch full film songs from 90s & I just turn the channel on & let the full songs play non-stop without me having to change them continuously...And MTV Beats HD does play full songs non-stop most of the times with very less adds...

Last edited:
When You Have Many Choices, Confusion.
Random Songs Make Happier Than Manual Playing.

I Have Song In FHD But I Still Watch SD Music Channels In ADTV.

THIS...

Random Songs Make Happier Than Manual Playing.

When I turn my desktop or lappy on, I listen to songs...I have an Auzentech X-Fi card connected to my Logitech Z5500 HT by Optical cable...When I turn on my TV, I watch them on MTV Beats HD connected to the same Logitech HT as I don't have to manually change the songs & I let them play continuously...In night time, there are almost no ads on the channel...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock