DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 129,502
really nice review đź‘Ź

What is d monthly rental for watching TV on this xtream?

I m currently using airtel DTH on mega HD pack, and paying rs. 700 pm
There is no dependence on channels packs and using apps in xstream box. you can use without recharging DTH also. I am using like this only.

I don’t mean to offend you but why are comparing a 2000₹ device to a 20000₹ one (duties included) again and again. I know there is nothing above shield when it comes to “android” , you don’t need to reiterate that again and again. Above all can you put in a coaxial wire and watch dth channels and record them on it. No. So why bring it in this discussion.

Instead of blatantly telling people not to buy the box just because you don’t like it and it doesn’t satisfy your requirements, just make people aware of the things you don’t like.
Let people decide for themselves.

You said you have a home theatre setup and said you are facing problems with CEC. I am not and many others aren’t. You don’t find the sound good. You have navigation problems. Why don’t you give back the box and take HD + box, it has recording facility as well. Since you have the supreme nvidia shield why do you need the xstream box at all.

Are you sure there is nothing wrong in your setup before you blame airtel. If there is something truly wrong with your box why don’t you ask airtel tech to bring another for testing and see how it works.

I agree it has a few shortcomings but what do you expect for 2000â‚ą .
So the the person will everything except the basic shortcomings the STB has. None of I brought up is related with hardware. All of them can be fixed by fixing firmware. But for that Airtel needs engage competent person.

So the the person will everything except the basic shortcomings the STB has. None of I brought up is related with hardware. All of them can be fixed by fixing firmware. But for that Airtel needs engage competent person.

You have to if you are getting something for cheap, in a market with no competition. Let me some shed light - anyone with money can order set top boxes sitting in there office after seeing a demo at very cheap cost. The hardware is inexpensive. The software development is expensive and generally outsourced to other companies in which developers are not consumers or don’t care for things you mentioned . They just get the set top box with the base layer of android. Over that they build up the interface.
Sometimes there are limitations to the features that can’t be provided or they don’t know they should. Moreover Airtel is not listening here. So we can’t do anything about it.

Rather we can just inform people that this feature is missing and they should buy if its acceptable to them.

DTH sector is losing customers. India is still in a very good condition . In the last quarter AT&T lost 500,000 customers in US. So there is a limit to investment a company is willing to risk.

Just accept it for what it is.

I have two HD connections, and both are in suspended condition for quite long time. Today I upgraded to Xstream box by exchanging one suspended HD box (002).
I have two problems now 1) I don't know how to watch xstream app in tv thro xstream box. 2) After recharging, both the connections become active and charged for both. How to suspend the 001 connection? Pls help

I have two HD connections, and both are in suspended condition for quite long time. Today I upgraded to Xstream box by exchanging one suspended HD box (002).
I have two problems now 1) I don't know how to watch xstream app in tv thro xstream box. 2) After recharging, both the connections become active and charged for both. How to suspend the 001 connection? Pls help
For first
Refer Discussion - Fix XStream content playback issue on the XStream Box
For 2nd
Convert your Child Connection as your parent connection .

You have 2 options - either you surrender the set top box to airtel. If you want to keep it with yourself and don’t want to pay for it , you can keep it in safe custody. You still have to pay Rs.200 for 6 months. Call Customer care for both.
You should have upgraded the 001 connection. This complicates things a bit.

what is the expected life of the Xtream box as loaded Andriod OS after some time will stop getting updated or OTT apps like youtube etc will not support existing android OS?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock