Airtel Xstream Box - Stay Away

Xstream box supports screen mirroring. If thats what you meant. You don’t need any app on the box for that.

Xstream box supports screen mirroring. If thats what you meant. You don’t need any app on the box for that.
It supports screen mirroring from phone only but it doesn't support Miracast/WiDi to connect computers...That is why I am not being able to mirror my laptop screen to the box...My TV supports Miracast/Intel WiDi so I easily mirror my laptop screen onto my TV without any additional hardware...Screen Mirroring from the phone doesn't require any app like u mentioned but mirroring a computer screen is completely different thing...

Last edited:
You can have AirPlay or DLNA with AirPin. The app is available.

AirPin(PRO) - AirPlay/DLNA Receiver – Apps on Google Play
UPDATE : Computer monitor/laptop screen mirroring won't work with Xstream Box as it requires Intel WiDi & Miracast support & the box only has the Chromecast/Google cast support but not the Miracast...

Screen Mirroring from computers only work on Miracast enabled boxes which unfortunately this box doesn't have...

DLNA & Miracast are not the same thing...DLNA is used to play network media files on the TV/screen which my laptop can do already...Miracast & WiDi are used to project/mirror a computer screen to a bigger screen like TV or projector...

Anyways, since the box doesn't support Miracast, I will have to keep projecting from laptop to Tv directly like I was doing...They could have given the Miracast though which is required for computer screen mirroring...The screen mirroring tech in the phones are different & they connect easily just by searching, tapping & then connecting...But this mobile screen mirroring tech doesn't apply for the computers...

Last edited:
Ease of navigation to channels is an important aspect. I am using Airtel DTH since it was born. Navigation System of its conventional STB is the best. The same should have been continued and ... It can be done.

On the basis of my one week use of Xstream box, my few suggestions are followings.

1. In DTH mode, on pressing 'guide' button on remote Programme menu comes. However, the running channel does not run in the background as in its conventional STB. This feature should be restored and picture audio should continue to come.

2. Option should be there to filter out the other than favourite channels in this menu.

3. While watching a DTH Channel, left & right arrow buttons give information on next or previous channels. By pressing 'ok' button to can switch to that channel. Option should be to have favourite mode and when selected, only next or previous channels should come. This will make the DTB very user friendly.

My other points not related with navigation issues are-

1. Recording facilities should be brought immediately. People feel cheated.

2. There is audio issues when you use with Digital Home Theater like Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha etc with HDMI input and output. When I disable 'System Sound' from the device setting, the output is only 2 channels. Also, level of sound randomly goes down. I am getting over this problem by keeping 'System Sound' on and 'HDMI Sound Control' off. It is a compromise. The issue is required to be addressed urgently.

3. There is a glitch in HDMI-CEC

I hope, Airtel addresses these issues quickly. I hope that Airtel has a good sound engineer as a part of its developer team.

Anand
It now over 2 months and none of the issues earlier flagged by various user has been addressed by Airtel. Can anybody count any. This the level we get quality of service we get from our service provider.

Stay Away from Airtel DTH.

Hey All, Regarding the screen mirroring thing. When I try to mirror my chrome tab(both from Mac, Windows) the video lags like anything. However, using mobile there’s no lag. Anyone having the same. When I use an external an external chromecast device, there’s no lag.

Please don’t mind what I am going to state here-
1. DVR and xstream box are based on an entirely different platform. DVR has two tuners while this, like other HD boxes has one.This is a hybrid set top box. AFAIK Recording facility would be made available soon but would be limited to one channel as HD plus boxes as it has one tuner. And no , not every one records and watches, when almost everything is streaming.

2. This remote is programmable as well.

3. The TV channel tab shows all your favourite channels as per its own algorithm. If you want you can change that list.

4. There are no bugs in audio pass thru, even Dolby Atmos is working with Netflix. Sound quality is as good as it should be. Ofcourse if you are expecting Auro 3D I can’t say anything.

5. Poor channel navigation ? How so, If you were using the dvr then a lot has changed in the software for HD boxes as well. DVR’s still have the old navigation system. You need to adapt to the latest. I didn’t find anything wrong with the navigation.

As for nvidia shield, would you compare a phone like Samsung M30 with Samsung S10 ?

From your thread it clearly seems like you bought the xstream box with zero research. You haven’t mentioned a thing about streaming. This box is meant for people who want streaming and DTH services in one box.

PQ of this box is better than the HD and HD DVR boxes as reviewed by many.

Little knowledge is dangerous and as other fm intended to say it looks like you are defaming the brand.

Now as for me I am a tech enthusiast and I’ve been with airtel since the day of their launch and also had tatasky since 2007 again since launch.
I currently have 3 HD DVR’s lying in storage which I don’t use anymore.
I can’t blame you for this , but those who read the review here found all about it before hand and many questions were answered including its pros and cons. It was clearly stated that recording is currently not working and it has only one tuner.

There are some shortcomings of this box but nothing that you mentioned.

P.S These are hard facts. ( I know this post might be offensive only to you) I get straight to the point. As you asked I have discussed the technical aspects.
Bro, I have problem ( it seems) with my xstream box about PQ, are you of some help?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock