Seeking Help Airtel Xstream STB restart issue

Amit Keskar

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently, I have installed Xstream set top box and it is upgraded to latest version i.e. 1.0.3056.

It's restarting automatically while watching the TV program. Frequency is less (Once in 4 days) but, it is very annoying while watching the favourite program, STB restarts.

Already, I have tried all options mentioned on internet like as below.
1. Resetting channel.
2. Doing satellite scan
3. Clearing the cache of all Apps
4. Disabled few apps
5. Factory reset multiple times.

Still facing the issue.

Anyone is experiencing this issue ? any solution to this issue. Please post if this issue is completely resolved.

This happens only when I am watching TV channels. While watching OTT apps it never restarted.

see if power adaptor is properly plugged to STB
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I checked Power adapter is properly plugged and if there is any loose contact issue then it should occur while watching OTT content as well.

OTT apps are working absolutely fine without any issues.

While watching TV sometime it happens ot will after 2 3 days it will be resolved automatically.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. are you facing this issue on same software version i.e. 1.0.3056 ??

if you are facing this issus then it should be software issue, I think.

Since, My Device is under warranty, I called technician to diagnose the issue.
He is just doing the hard reset of the device or else, he is suggesting to replace the box.

it's of no use at all.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I checked Power adapter is properly plugged and if there is any loose contact issue then it should occur while watching OTT content as well.

OTT apps are working absolutely fine without any issues.
suggested it because STB may draw more current when seeing tv channels to get signal from dish.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. are you facing this issue on same software version i.e. 1.0.3056 ??

if you are facing this issus then it should be software issue, I think.

Since, My Device is under warranty, I called technician to diagnose the issue.
He is just doing the hard reset of the device or else, he is suggesting to replace the box.

it's of no use at all.
After software update I faced this issue for 5 days after that it was resolved automatically.

suggested it because STB may draw more current when seeing tv channels to get signal from dish.
okay. Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to change the connection location and will definitely post here whether issue is reoccurring or not.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock