Discussion Airtel Xstream STBs doesn't support both DOLBY ATMOS & UltrHD ( HDCP 2.2/2.3)

A V Mahesh

Reaction score
Hi All,

My Brother recently bought Onkyo Atmos Receivers And 4k Ultra HD TV, and we observed that our Airtel Xstream doesn't support both DOLBY ATMOS & UltrHD ( HDCP 2.2/2.3).

An interesting point is, on the same setup if we play the same content on Amazon Uttra Fire Stick 4k DOLBY ATMOS & UltrHD ( HDCP 2.2/2.3) works for the same content on the same setup, I debug the same on multiple OTT ( Hotstar / SunNext / Netflix) platforms the behaviour of Airtel Xstream is the same, it doesn't play the DOLBY ATMOS even the content is DOLBY ATMOS and the same content works on Amazon Firestick 4k.

Please find my debugging photos of Airtel Xstream VS Amazon Firestick behaviour on the same setup and for the same content and on the same OTT.

So if you wnat to realy enjoy 4K Ultra and Dolby Atmos , Xstream is not correct product ( and we are all know how Artel tecinical team works on solutions ).

Fire Stick on Hotstar ( you can see DOLBY ATMOS playing )
qQxBed8.png

Xstream on Hotstar ( you can see it is playing only DOLBY Digital for the same content) :
wg8KrsY.png

Fire Stick on SunNext ( you can see DOLBY ATMOS playing )

zUkkolL.png

Xstream on SunNext ( you can see it is playing only DOLBY Digital for the same content) :

3VLzUGz.png

Above picture firestick input in hdmi4 and xstream box input in hdmi2.in my marantz i am setting audio separetly in each hdmi input. Same content play in my apple tv,lg tv and xstream box i am manually selected atmos audo in each input my marantz. So u asked ur brother check the audio in hdmi2 (xstream box).

No bro my xstream box support for dolbyatmos and 4k in my marantz av receiver.. Now i dont have xstream box.
It was NOT any more , it is confirmened by the Aitel Team. it looks after June 2022 update it stoped working.

Mahesh bro ur brother have Netflix subscription. If have it check the atmos audio in xsream box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock