Discussion Airtel Xstream STBs doesn't support both DOLBY ATMOS & UltrHD ( HDCP 2.2/2.3)

Are we getting Star Sport1 HD with Dolby Atmos Sound only in Airtel Xtream Box? Is Internet required for dolby atmos sound in Xtream Box?
I think internet is not required but box should support atmos.

Watched in tata binge+ stb without internet and was getting atmos from stat sports1 HD during T20 world cup

Are we getting Star Sport1 HD with Dolby Atmos Sound only in Airtel Xtream Box? Is Internet required for dolby atmos sound in Xtream Box?

Currently any of the Star Sports channels does not provide Dolby Atmos from broadcaster end hence same is unavailable on any DTH or Cab platform. If it is enabled in future by Star Sports then it will be provided by Airtel Digital TV, Tata Play etc.

Buddy u had urself raised a similar issue with a different user id back in 2020 and even admitted that u were getting Dolby Atmos on Netflix. Here is that thread

Now u r saying u r not getting while others have confirmed that on XStream Box they r able to Enjoy Movies / Shows available on Netflix in Dolby Atmos audio
So this itself proves XStream Box supports 4K Resolution as well as Dolby Atomos. U need to check settings or contact LG concerned to know if they have some compatibility issue with XStream Box and request them to sort it out or contact OTT Support team to know if the App they have designed for XStream Box supports these features at present or not. Even if all these issues r sorted still u will get only such content in 4K/Dolby Atmos which has been made available by concerned OTT platform and u will have to subscribe to respective OTT pack which provides access to these features.

I can mention endless documents here which prove that Airtel XStream Box supports 4K as well as Dolby Audio but just for starters here is confirmation from Dolby itself about XStream Box supporting Dolby Atmos Audio...can't be a bigger proof than this. You can also visit Technicolor and Flextronics website and check specifications of XStream Box there and it would clearly mention availability of 4K as well as Dolby Audio

Source
That is on Netflix i tested at that time ( now i recently cancel the ULTR HD option of Netflix i can not test back) and current Netflix ultra HD user says Atmos is still working, but last week Airtel support team say we removed Atmos support because of some technical issues and none of the other OTT aAtmos is not work on Airtel .

Now hotstar zee5, sunext ect.. mostly all major OTT are supporting Dolby Atmos and Now I days all good movies like RRR are only coming on these otts,

Just to test/watch Netflix atoms still working on Airtel i need re subscribe ultra HD now back.

Let me see still i need to spend money just to see only one ott (Netflix) Atmos on Airtel, or move to firstick to enjoy Atmos on all OTT.

>>So this itself proves XStream Box >>supports 4K Resolution
>>
By the way 4k HDCP 2.3/2.2 support is video issues Xstream doesn't have that hdmi port and this is nothing to do with Atmos support.

They Atmos and 4k issue two different issues.

>>4K/Dolby Atmos which has been >>made available by concerned OTT >>platform and u will have to subscribe >>to respective OTT pack which >>provides access to these features.>>

I am using the same Ott account on firstick and Airtel Xstream.

Last edited:
Buddy u had urself raised a similar issue with a different user id back in 2020 and even admitted that u were getting Dolby Atmos on Netflix. Here is that thread

Now u r saying u r not getting while others have confirmed that on XStream Box they r able to Enjoy Movies / Shows available on Netflix in Dolby Atmos audio
So this itself proves XStream Box supports 4K Resolution as well as Dolby Atomos. U need to check settings or contact LG concerned to know if they have some compatibility issue with XStream Box and request them to sort it out or contact OTT Support team to know if the App they have designed for XStream Box supports these features at present or not. Even if all these issues r sorted still u will get only such content in 4K/Dolby Atmos which has been made available by concerned OTT platform and u will have to subscribe to respective OTT pack which provides access to these features.

I can mention endless documents here which prove that Airtel XStream Box supports 4K as well as Dolby Audio but just for starters here is confirmation from Dolby itself about XStream Box supporting Dolby Atmos Audio...can't be a bigger proof than this. You can also visit Technicolor and Flextronics website and check specifications of XStream Box there and it would clearly mention availability of 4K as well as Dolby Audio

Source
Tell me how to set

I have just a basic atmos supported sound bar, I had connected my stb to sound bar via hdmi and then further from soundbar to tv via hdmi arc. I am getting atmos on Netflix and prime video. For zee5 and hotstar I find only dolby 5.1 audio even though some content has atmos on it..

I have just a basic atmos supported sound bar, I had connected my stb to sound bar via hdmi and then further from soundbar to tv via hdmi arc. I am getting atmos on Netflix and prime video. For zee5 and hotstar I find only dolby 5.1 audio even though some content has atmos on it..

Can you please tell prime video contence you tested ? i will also give a try

Hi All,

Thanks for all the inputs, anyway we decided to go with First, we bought the following first model, ALL OTTS are playing the ATMOS ( sounds are extremely good) if the move content is supporting, and we see HDCP 2.3 support also and 4k is also working fine.

I will mostly close Xstream once my balance is done, unfortunately, I have a very good amount in balance, so I may need to continue to what news channels on Xstream.

RJK5Hiz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock