• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 5,090

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Aiyyaa is an upcoming rom-com Hindi film written and directed by Sachin Kundalkar. The film is jointly produced by Anurag Kashyap and Viacom 18. The film stars Rani Mukerji and Prithviraj in the lead roles. This film is the debut Bollywood film of Malayalam actor Prithviraj. The trailer for the film was released on 6 September 2012.

Cast:

Rani Mukerji as Meenakshi Deshpande
Prithviraj as Surya
Subodh Bhave as Madhav Rajadhyaksha
Nirmiti Sawant as Meenakshi's mother
Satish Alekar as Meenakshi's father
Jyoti Subhash as Meenakshi's grandmother
Amey Wagh as Meenakshi's brother
Anita Date as Meenakshi's friend
Pakada Pandi

Via Wikipedia

4qon78.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:
'Aiyyaa' is riding on Rani's shoulder, says co-star Prithviraj Sukumaran

Mumbai: He is a superstar down South with 80 films to his credit but actor Prithviraj Sukumaran, who is making his debut in Bollywood as the leading man in 'Aiyyaa', has no qualms with the film being portrayed as his co-star
Rani Mukerji's project.
"Its a Bollywood film and I am a completely a new entity and I love that. The film is riding on Rani's shoulder and I am happy with it. I love the fact that people will go and watch it as a Rani Mukherjee film and discover me. At the end
of the day its a love story between two people and they are Rani and me," Prithviraj told PTI.

Produced by Anurag Kashyap, 'Aiyyaa' stars Rani and Prithviraj in lead roles. Rani plays the role of a Marathi girl who falls in love with a South Indian boy.
Prithviraj has acted in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu films and his notable performances include 'Vaasthavam', 'Indian Rupee', 'Classmates', Mani Ratnam's Tamil version of 'Raavanan', 'Urumi' and others.
"I need to get real and I understand the fact that I am a beginner in Bollywood, the 80 films that I have done down South and who I am and what I have achieved there has nothing to do with what I am going to do in Bollywood," he said.
Rani has delivered several hits like 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Black', 'Hum Tum' and 'Veer Zaara' among others.
She was last seen in political crime thriller 'No one killed Jessica' that released early last year and earned critical acclaim.
"Right now, the film will obviously be Rani's responsibility because the minute someone as big as her walked into the film it became a Rani Mukherjee project. I think it is a great to make a debut in a way... its a vehicle in which you are travelling," he said.

Source

Last edited:

Last edited:
Sensuous Rani's 'Aiyyaa' song goes viral on net

‘Go Wakda’, that’s what is the motto of the song of Aiyyaa. The songs of Aiyyaa are indeed awesome, but the picturisation of them has also been perfect. This is more so, because of the sexuality and sensuality of Rani Mukerji. Almost all the seven song have been liked.

The music director for the movie is Amit Trivedi and the lyricist is Amitabh Bhattacharya .The story of the movie is based on a Maharastrian girl Meenakshi Deshpande, who fantasies about Bollywood and also falls in love with a man because of his smell.

The songs effectively capture these things. The songs are a distinct blend of Maharastrian and south Indian music.

The first song is “Dreamum wake upum critical conditionum”, is a thoroughly hilarious song with a lot of vigor .The song has a retro feel with its fast paced dance steps, like south Indian songs. The song has been sung by Sowmya Raoh. She tunes her voice superbly in this song. The song however seems to be a bit vulgar with its lyrics, like ‘Face to faceum dharti putram Top to baseum Kama sutram Thighsum thunderum downum underum Sizeum matterum thinkum wonderum’. In English this means literally, ‘Face to face the son of soil from top to bottom Kama sutra Thighs are thunder down there under Size does matter think wonders’.

Amit Trivedi should be credited for such a peppy number.

Next is the Sava dollar song. The song is a combination of the Maharastrian Lavani song, with modern beats. Sunidhi Chauhan has sung this song. The chemistry between her and the other vocalist is awesome. The song has been appreciated and enjoyed by everyone. As in Marathi folk song, this song makes use of the –ji ji – words quite often.

Next up is the superbly crafted, Rani’s belly dance with Aga Bai. The starting of the song is in Marathi, by Shamali Kolgade. It takes over to electronic mode, with Monali Thakur crooning in her voice. The song can be watched more for Rani’s awesome moves. Sure Katrina can learn some steps from her.

The next song is softer. Shreya Ghosal lends her sweet voice to this soft melodious Mahek Bhi.

What to do, the next song is another over the top song. It has been sung by Sneha Khanwalkar. It has some raunchy line, like ‘Ijjat Papad ’.

Amit Trivedi last the last song to his credit. The Wakda song is the perfect end to this incredulous album. The song makes use of southern instruments, themridangam and the nadaswaram perfectly.

Some have complained that the songs of Aiyyaa are over the top, but they are also entertaining to the core.

Sensuous Rani's 'Aiyyaa' song goes viral on net | Aiyyaa | Rani Mukherjee

Last edited:
‘Aiyyaa’ review: No fun only absurdities galore

It is hard to fathom what an award winning director like Sachin Kundalkar was thinking when he set upon himself the task to make a film like ‘Aiyyaa’ after proving his mettle in a Marathi film called ‘Nirop’ and bagging a National Award as a screenplay writer for ‘Gandha’. Perhaps, Sachin woke up one day with an idea to portray the story of a typical single and ready to mingle middle-class girl who’s waiting for her Mr. Right but in reality ended up spoiling the film (and thereby torturing us - the audience) in his attempt to pull off a supposedly off-beat film.

The movie is a (nonsensical) ‘fairy tale’ of a middle-class Maharashtrian girl called Meenakshi (Rani Mukerji) who yearned to be an actress but eventually settled down with a job in an art college. Meenakshi is melodramatic and a dreamer who escapes into her fantasy land anytime and anywhere. While Meenakshi is a dreamer, the girl’s family is no less and somewhat remind you of characters of ‘The Addams Family’. Meenakshi’s mom is the mother of all drama, her father is strangely addicted to his business of collecting and repairing old landline telephones and her wheelchair bound grandma has her own queer ways.

When Meenakshi begins her stint as a librarian at the art school, she meets her co-worker Maina who looks like a buck-toothed version of Lady Gaga and can even put the pop sensation to shame with her ridiculous costumes and acts. Things take a turn in Meenakshi’s life when she meets Surya (Prithviraj Sukumaran), a student at the art college and she falls in love with the man thanks to the pleasant smell he wears on his body (An Armani scent, I wonder?). Meenakshi’s parents, meanwhile, are hunting for a groom for her while Meenakshi herself sniffs and stealthily follows her love interest Surya wherever he goes and learns to speak Tamil by reading Tamil Pulp Fiction and watching ‘Midnight Masala’ at night to please her tall, dark and handsome man. But Surya proves to be a hard nut to crack for Meenakshi because of his moody and eccentric nature and blood shot eyes which get him mistaken to be a drug addict.

‘Aiyyaa’ review: No fun only absurdities galore

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock