• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 1,172

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
Ajay Bhalwankar to join MSM’s Sony Entertainment Television from 7 April

Ajay-Bhalwankar1-300x218.jpg

MUMBAI: Almost a month-and-a-half ago, Indiatelevision.com reported that one of Zee Entertainment’s most cherished employs, Ajay Bhalwankar, has put in his papers as the content head-Hindi GECs. Now, it is learnt that he is joining Sony Entertainment Television as the chief creative director, effective from 7 April, 2014.

Bhalwankar will report to Sony Entertainment Television (SET) Sr. Executive Vice President and Business Head, Nachiket Pantvaidya. He will provide creative leadership and direction for the channel and will lead the Programming and OAP teams.

He said, “I’m delighted to join SET again and hope to provide valuable programming inputs across content on the channel. It is an extremely challenging role and I am looking forward to this exciting journey.”

Bhalwankar is an industry veteran with over 20 years of experience and has worked with MSM in the past as the programming head for SET from November 2009 to June 2011.

Interestingly, earlier we even reported that Sony is trying to strengthen its team by bringing in the best people from the industry. This seems to be a step ahead towards that.

Nachiket Pantvaidya said, “Ajay is an extremely experienced individual with a rich experience of over 20 years in Journalism and Television, spanning various roles of creating, writing, programming, producing and directing entertainment content. Under Ajay’s leadership I am confident that we will make the right strides towards our vision of best in class content for SET.”

According to inside sources, Bhalwankar’s last date at Zee entertainment is 21 March, 2014.

Bhalwankar joined Zee Entertainment in 1994 as the assistant director of Dream Merchants - the company's advertising and marketing magazine. As one of the oldest employees of Zee, Bhalwankar has been instrumental in creating path-breaking content for the network. He also spearheaded the launch of Zee Anmol. He was also instrumental in launching Music Asia that later became Zee Muzic and is now called Zing. He even worked on the launch of Zee Marathi in 1999. He later became Zee Marathi's business head and then vice president of Zee Marathi and Zee Talkies. He took charge as the programming head of Zee in 2008. Bhalwankar had then quit from Zee in October 2009 to join Sony Entertainment at the same position. However, after a brief stint, he left Sony to join back Zee.

Now, Bhalwankar is again moving back to Sony. We hope he will be instrumental in bringing back the channel that has been struggling in the ratings chart to the top position.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock