All Star Network Channels Blackout on Siti Cable Kolkata

Riddhiman

Reaction score
According to this article all Star Channels remove Siti cable kolkata from all packages.
Multiple sources among broadcasters, MSOs and cable operators confirmed that SitiCable had flatly refused to increase the payout for the additional 2 lakh subscribers it had acquired from Manthan. It was Star India that had served a notice to SitiCable for non-cooperation in audit and threatened to pull the Star channels out of its network on Janaury 10 when SitiCable counter-attacked by removing the channels from its packages.

"We have drawn up fresh packages with new pricing. Star India channels are not part of the bouquet offerings. If a viewer wants to watch a channel, he or she can take it a la carte," said SitiCable Kolkata director Suresh Sethia.
Star struck: Viewer exodus root of channel blackout - Times of India

Star Is Adamant Or The Service Providers?

Star Is Adamant Or The Service Providers?

Most probably siti was under reporting subscribers number so star wants a audit as said in report. This is from the news,

The MSO has been paying half of what other MSOs forked out to Star India. In addition, it has not allowed the broadcaster to audit its subscriber base, something that all MSOs are bound to adhere to under Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) guidelines. When the broadcaster pressed for increasing the contracted amount with SitiCable to bring it on par with other MSOs, the latter pulled Star channels out of its bouquets," an industry insider said.

Last edited:
Most probably siti was under reporting subscribers number so star wants a audit as said in report. This is from the news,

The MSO has been paying half of what other MSOs forked out to Star India. In addition, it has not allowed the broadcaster to audit its subscriber base, something that all MSOs are bound to adhere to under Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) guidelines. When the broadcaster pressed for increasing the contracted amount with SitiCable to bring it on par with other MSOs, the latter pulled Star channels out of its bouquets," an industry insider said.

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Yeah!

Now I Remember

Once Same Thing Happened Here In Local But That Time It Was Analog Cable Star Couldn't Do So Much Damage!

Source
***Newspaper Ad translation
Icncl/Siti network subscribers notice that you are all paid full amount of package fees, but not able to watch any singke Star Network channels.Dont miss India's biggest football action, blockbuster movies and your favourite daily soaps.
Contact your cable operators immediately and try to activate star channels.
Either you can choose below listed other cable or dth operators

Last edited:
Dish tv &Videocon rivalry with star continue:wall: as they are not mentioned in below list

Dish Tv and Siti Cable both owned by zee group. They have a long history of rivalry with star networks. I am happy that I moved out of siti cable 10 days back. In this upcoming long sports season, can't bear loosing star sports chanels.

siti and star have been going in against each other, since ages...

I still remember, back in d 90s... there was football world cup, and siti/star had there disputes... star sports was removed.

in all haste n chaos, siti cable added a European channel, which was telecasting d football match, and got removed, after match got over.. this continued till 2 days.... until finally star sports was restored.

I still remember, how happy I was, seeing that European channel.:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock