Discussion Amazon in talks to buy MGM

Raju lal

Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon is in talks to buy MGM studios for 9 billion USD.

Last edited:
These types of talks will surface for 2 more years.
Amazon now loosing Warner media content needs big movie studio. MGM is not enough. Amazon might go for ViacomCBS .
Comcast might also go for ViacomCBS or Sony

MGM Is A Huge Classic Studio. I think if Amazon Buys MGM then Amazon will become the " RAJ TV" of OTT. Plus Amazon may also sanction series/movies of MGM properties like Robocop, HTTM, Rocky , Pink Panther, Legally Blonde, Jump Street (Shared by Sony and MGM) etc
I want to personally see a cool Robocop show/movie and if Amazon gets involved then the product will surely be Amazing.
Regarding the Bond Films I think Amazon will bag all international distribution rights for digital releases and may sell Distribution to Paramount (After Warner Media loss only Studio left with Amazon for deals is Paramount) Without Remorse which was a Paramount film performed well On Amazon so I Think Paramount Pictures will distribute Future Bond Films.
Regarding TV Rights In India. MGM full catalogue is with Times so This deal will impact them or not is not known?

MGM Is A Huge Classic Studio. I think if Amazon Buys MGM then Amazon will become the " RAJ TV" of OTT. Plus Amazon may also sanction series/movies of MGM properties like Robocop, HTTM, Rocky , Pink Panther, Legally Blonde, Jump Street (Shared by Sony and MGM) etc
I want to personally see a cool Robocop show/movie and if Amazon gets involved then the product will surely be Amazing.
Regarding the Bond Films I think Amazon will bag all international distribution rights for digital releases and may sell Distribution to Paramount (After Warner Media loss only Studio left with Amazon for deals is Paramount) Without Remorse which was a Paramount film performed well On Amazon so I Think Paramount Pictures will distribute Future Bond Films.
Regarding TV Rights In India. MGM full catalogue is with Times so This deal will impact them or not is not known?
I hope Comcast and Disney will not enter MGM Studios Acquisition Race in last minute, especially Disney can't manage too many Studios, Better Amazon and Sony should try to Acquire MGM Studios Huge library.

Last edited:
I hope Comcast and Disney will not enter MGM Studios Acquisition Race in last minute, especially Disney can't manage too many Studios, Better Amazon and Sony should try Acquire MGM Studios Huge library.
It's 90% sure that Disney won't try for new acquisitions. Now they have much studios and contents. They are now busy with producing fresh contents for the franchisee they own.

If this deal success any possibility James Bond Movies in Telugu,Tamil, in Amazon prime Video ?
That's so fast. If the merger happens it will take at least an year to finalize, 3 - 5 months to pass it through Congress and 1 year to layoff and another one year for restructuring.
Totally at least 2-3yrs

That's so fast. If the merger happens it will take at least an year to finalize, 3 - 5 months to pass it through Congress and 1 year to layoff and another one year for restructuring.
Totally at least 2-3yrs
Now 2021 means output in 2024

Totally at least 2-3yrs
Now 2021 means output in 2024

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock