Amritsar MSO files complaint against Taj TV, alleging TDSAT orders violation

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Amritsar based multi-system operator (MSO) Godfather Communications has filed a complaint with the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) alleging that Taj Television was denying it Zee TV signals despite an audit by Broadcast Engineering Company (India) Ltd (BECIL) as directed by the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Arbitration Tribunal.

It was stated in the complaint that a representative of Taj TV in Chandigarh had raised a demand of Rs 3 lakh per month in a meeting yesterday. 

The audit by the BECIL was conducted in compliance with the directions of TDSAT in a case filed by Godfather last year.  

Accordingly, Indiacast executed the interconnection agreement for Amritsar Phase II city on 29 May this year with effect from 1 June, 2015 to 31 March, 2016 in compliance with the order dated 27 May, 2015.

However Taj TV was not entering into any agreement. 

When contacted, a TRAI source said that it would look into the complaint and then decide whether the matter should go back to TDSAT or it could take action directly.

The source said that if it decides to proceed directly, then it can file a complaint in a Delhi Court. 

Meanwhile, a Nashik Court recently issued an injunction to Den Networks restraining it from deactivating the set top boxes and cable services of the Nashik City Cable Network and its associates.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/cable-tv/msos/amritsar-mso-files-complaint-against-taj-tv-alleging-tdsat-orders-violation-150611

Copy&Paste buddy...
nw I ve added indiantelevision site &
whenever I see ur article I know where to look.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock