• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,868

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Dish TV, India’s only listed DTH company with highest market share of 29%, is set to declare its second quarter numbers on October 18. Analysts on an average expect the company to report a standalone net loss of Rs 22 crore, which included mark to market forex impact, as against net loss at Rs 32 crore in previous quarter

Dish TV , India's only listed DTH company with highest market share of 29%, is set to declare its second quarter numbers on October 18. Analysts on an average expect the company to report a standalone net loss of Rs 22 crore, which included mark to market forex impact, as against net loss at Rs 32 crore in previous quarter. In the March quarter, the company had recorded loss of Rs 49 crore.

The reduction in loss is likely to be driven by better margin performance and minor loss on account of forex impact.

Total income from operations is seen going up by 4% to Rs 542 crore in the three months ended September 2012 from Rs 520 crore in June quarter, driven by nearing of digitization mandate date October 31.

Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) is likely to go up by 1% quarter-on-quarter to Rs 157 crore during the quarter.

But operating profit margin is expected to fall by 90 basis points QoQ to 29% in the second quarter of current financial year.

Subscriber addition is expected to be healthy led by recent launch of SD recorder, which is available at cheaper pricing against HD recorders by competitors.

Analysts expect the company to add around 5 lakh customers during the current quarter, which is in line with first quarter additions.

Average revenue per user (ARPU) is expected to be ranged between Rs 157-160 levels against Rs 156 in Q1. Management expects ARPU to grow to Rs 250 from Rs 156 in Q1 within next 3 years.

The new initiative of the company - wherein subscribers will be able to watch more than 70 channels for Rs 400 a year - is expected to be ARPU accretive in medium term and is also going to lead to churn levels being maintained at 1%.

Analysts expect Dish TV to cut losses in Q2 - Moneycontrol.com

karthik said:
expecting dish tv to bounce back
Sorry friend, I dont think so.
As all dishtv viewers started moving to other dths already and of course to the cable digitization. Dishtv' worst package system continues... I dont think it can bounce back or cut down it losses.:hello

Dear friend karthik,
As you know dishtv package is the worst in all dths package system.
Simply In South base pack for 155Rs dishtv offering all is if you are a tamil viewer, they are giving only tamil channels (that also not all the channels, chutti & adithya is ala carte). And apart from that dd+ channels(who wants that), then nothing else (exept crap hindhi news channels) with Zeetv & Zee cinema (2 Hindhi ent only). This is what all you are getting in dishtv. No english news (atleast one), no infotainment, no english. I can elaborate this. But everybody know their system. Leave it here and I am sure dishtv can never bounce back till it changes the package policy.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock