Anil Kapoor to Make Indian TV Debut with American Adaptation

Ravi budhwar

Reaction score
Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor will soon be seen in a new avatar on the television. The actor will don the role of anti-terrorist agent Jack Bauer from the popular US drama series '24' produced by 20th Century Fox.

Kapoor, who appeared in the final season of the series, has bagged Rs 100-crore deal with Century Fox to remake the series for the Indian audience.

In the original series, the lead role was played by Kiefer Sutherland. The story narrates 24 hours in the life of an anti-terrorist agent, and has been running in the US successfully for eight seasons.

Incidentally, Anil Kapoor will be making his debut on television with this series, and joining the long and illustrious list of Bollywood stars to have appeared on the small screen.

The Indian version of the series will be taken up by Anil Kapoor Film Company with a new set of actors.

"It will be a great honour for me to play Jack Bauer. Kiefer has created an iconic character which has inspired me to bring the franchise to India. This will be my first foray to Indian television and I look forward to duplicating the standard of excellence Fox has so successfully created," Kapoor said in a statement.

Fox International president Marion Edwards said, "Anil's passion for the series goes back to his time as a guest star on the show, and we're excited to enable him to realise his vision of creating a new version of the series for his native India. We think this could pave the way for many more iterations of this brilliant series in other international territories down the road.".
source:http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=121551

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock