Good News Anniversaries of Star HD channels

JollyLNB

News Columnist
Reaction score
Note: Since it is already past midnight in Singapore, where I am studying now, I am posting this thread now. Moderators are requested not to treat this as an advance thread.

Sunday (14 April) is the third anniversary of Star Jalsha HD and Jalsha Movies HD, the first regional HD channels of 2016 (and the first outside South India). After these two, 10 regional HD channels were launched in 2016 alone.

More importantly, Monday (15 April) is the eighth anniversary of Star Plus HD, Star World HD, Star Gold HD and Star Movies HD (launched in 2011). These channels, along with Nat Geo HD (which had been launched earlier), were branded as Asli HD by Star.

We have come a very long way since that day in 2011 when these HD channels were launched. Today we have more than 100 HD channels on satellite alone, not counting local HD channels such as Fastway. It is Star that set the HD ball rolling each time, first with these channels, then with sports channels and later with Asianet HD in 2015, the first regional HD channel outside the Sun network.

Congratulations! :clap2:

Last edited:
I remember when they made us (technically) subscribe for HD channels to watch international football. But did allowed us to matches for free with Hotstar though. If you were poor. You couldn't watch Premier League. Sadly good ol days' are gone. Now they air most international football on SD channel. Also remember their cute dabba campaign. I also remember Star converting FX HD to Star Sports Select 2 SD.
Source

Congratulations Star Jalsha HD & Jalsha Movies HD for both of your 3rd Anniversary. Hope my fav. SJ will kick out ZB very soon. We are all with you SJ & my best wishes for your upcoming 100th Anniversary in future. 💐💐💐💐💐💐 :clap2::cheers::hrt::hrt::hrt:

my best wishes for your upcoming 100th Anniversary in future
@JalshaFan in full form! :nj:

Anyway, may all HD channels live a long life. No channel should suffer the fate of Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD and also DSport HD. Not to mention MTunes HD. There should be a greater differentiation in the content of HD vs. SD channels. HD is not only for better PQ and AQ but also better programming.

Last edited:
Sorry to forget wishing other HD channels. Best wishes for all, but special treatment for Jalsha only. Don't care about others long live, but Jalsha should complete 100+ years, when we will not present, but my Jalsha would remain d same.
In next 100 years we will be going purge for entertainment. We won't need TV for entertainment.

@DreamFan bro stop behaving like a kid. You are behave like you are owner of Star Jalsha, Zee Bangla or any Other Bengali Channel Is Your Rival Competitive Channel. I think Real Channel Owner Also Not Behaved Like That. You Are So Much Childish That, This Thread Not Only About Star Jalsha's Anniversary Thread. Its Some Other Star Channels Also.But You Forgot/Not Interest To Wish Other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock