Any FTA channels on Tata Sky satellite?

• Thread starter trumee
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 1,960

trumee

Reaction score
Hello,

If I replace Tata Sky receiver with a generic receiver (without CI), will it pickup any FTA channels?

Lyngsat shows a bunch of channels with 'F' against them. I was wondering if i can use any off the shelf STB to see these channels.

Thanks

no FTA channels are available in Ku band from that satellite @ 83e (other than some DSNG feeds coming rarely)

what you saw as FTA marked in Lyngsat page are all the C band channels, but for receiving those you need a bigger dish and a C band LNB.

If yo are familiar with Medium and short wave radio use, this is somewhat similar. Operating at different frequencies.
Tatasky LNB is Ku band - operating/transmit frequency at satellite to dish to lnb is 10GHz. C band is 3.5 to 4.2GHz for same.

More for you -
In 83E satellite, there are very attractive number of channels. You will need 8ft dish for decently reliable reception. 3805 and 3925 TP are no guarantee - These have like 72 channels in these frequencies.

8ft C band dish + LNB may cost upto 8K [or more]... Assuming 250 rupees DTH recharge per month, Now if you stick to FTA channels only - Time for recovery of this investment is 2 and half year...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock