Discussion Any hope for new kids and teen channels?

Space Toonz

Reaction score
I know about ETV balbharti which will probably be launched on 14th november on childrens day but will we ever see more kids channel like Toonami and animax for little mature content. Imo kids genre in india right now is worst than it has ever been. Every channel is showing cheaply made local cartoons so a new kids channel with dubbed foreign content would be great.

I know about ETV balbharti which will probably be launched on 14th november on childrens day but will we ever see more kids channel like Toonami and animax for little mature content. Imo kids genre in india right now is worst than it has ever been. Every channel is showing cheaply made local cartoons so a new kids channel with dubbed foreign content would be great.
I think Disney Channel HD which was supposed to be launched this year will air international shows in Hindi and other Indian Languages. CN HD+ and Nick HD+ are already there but they air New shows in English only.
KC Global (Animax) should definitely do something for the Indian market.

Last edited:
I think Disney Channel HD which was supposed to be launched this year will show international shows in Hindi and other Indian Languages. CN HD+ and Nick HD+ are already there but they show New shows in English only 😥
I will get back my lost interest in linear TV if Animax relaunches in India :love: KC Global should definitely do something for the Indian market.
I think those KC dudes are not at all interested in indian market. They are not even willing to provide animax on Sony Liv like platform. Disney channel HD is available on airtel but they offer live action disney shows not animation series. I think toonami india was the last hope for foriegn animated shows and anime but due to bad management by the owners we lost that too. One think i will never understand is why didn't they provide regional dub of shows like dbz and ben10. CN has rights for hindi and regional dubs for almost every old show that aired toonami if they had provided hindi content the viewership would have exploded.

I think those KC dudes are not at all interested in indian market. They are not even willing to provide animax on Sony Liv like platform. Disney channel HD is available on airtel but they offer live action disney shows not animation series. I think toonami india was the last hope for foriegn animated shows and anime but due to bad management by the owners we lost that too. One think i will never understand is why didn't they provide regional dub of shows like dbz and ben10. CN has rights for hindi and regional dubs for almost every old show that aired toonami if they had provided hindi content the viewership would have exploded.
Bro it's Sony who didn't sign new agreement with KC Global Media for Animax renewal on Sony LIV. KC can't give them discounts like SPENA when agreement was over...

Disney channel HD is available on airtel but they offer live action disney shows not animation series.
I was talking about Disney Channel HD (Animation channel) which was supposed to get launched this year, but sadly got postponed to next year, and not Disney International HD which is already there and airs live action shows.
if they had provided hindi content the viewership would have exploded.
Very True, I was eagerly waiting for DBS in Hindi, but sadly it never happened.

Last edited:
Upcoming kids channels:
Gubbare
ETV Bal/Bala/Balya Bharat 14 channels.

I don't think there is any hope for animated channels with a bit mature content like Anime or anything above 13+ content in India. Parents are just too orthodox in India. They even had problem with Shinchan, DBZ!. Most sub continent countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are like that. Families are too much orthodox. They are living in a utopia that by watching cartoons having violence, their kids will became violent!LMAO. Also there is a thinking that watching cartoon is a waste of life like they think playing Outdoor/indoor game is a waste of time. No one is thinking if the kid will be inspired to take animation as a career choice or a sports player or a game developer! And those who watch these mature content, watch it in OTT. So there is no hope. Even by chance someone will take a step and launch a new channel, then there will be a petition in Supreme court seeking ban on that channel next day!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock