Arasu Gets New MD, can we expect some change?

HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score
New MD for Arasu Cable, can we expect some new energy/force in the plan to take over Chennai?

MD%20Transter.jpg

I'm again with lots of hopes. :sp :sp Hope he connects Chennai with CAS and doesn't disappoint like the rest. :huh :huh

==

Ref: :: TN Television :: Cable || Tv || Cable tv || Local Channel || News Tamil || Local Channel News Tamil || Tamil Cable Tv News || Local Channel News in...

pearlpearl ->
I don't think any change will happen in chennai in near future.
By chance i gothrough previous forums, (dec,jan, feb threads), we all expected some change in chennai
But now after 8 - 9 months no change and everything came as usual , on blockouts , no STB ad etc...
What we can expect in next 5 - 6 months..
I think chennai will be like this for atleat next 2 - 3 years..
No change we expect from this state - central govt and from this politicians. Even people also ok and happy with the channels and for this cost.
Better you can change to any DTH, (cost only matter which is little high), or ur LCO needs to change any MSO. (which slightly impossible in my point of view)
My LCO clearly tells, dont buy STB, i will give u the cricket channels, and analog blockout won't happen in near future.

Yes, i would love DTH and cost wont be a big issue for me for a single TV, but my current house is not fit for a DTH.

But i wish the LCO moves to some MSO who can offer better packages at cheaper cost like Jak's offer of all pay channels at Rs 1500 for a full year with free STB. I wont care paying Rs 1500 each for two TV's even if the service fails after 6 months as i would have used Rs 250 worth of all my favorite channels for 6 months with no cost to STB. If they are available as promised for 12 months then the next 6 months is like free for me.

The LCO's under the current MSO are forced to offer even more Pay channels to retain the left over customers as the DTH people are using this opportunity and are offering excellent packages, much cheaper the the DAS package itself.

"பல வீடுகள் டிஜிட்டலாக்கம் என்னும் STBக்கு மாறும் அதே வேளையில், பெரும்பாலானோர் பலர் டிஜிட்டல் முறைக்கு மாறுவது பற்றி ஒரு குழப்பத்தில் உள்ளனர். இதை பயன்படுத்தி ஒரு சில DTH நிறுவனங்கள் எங்களிடம் அனைத்து தமிழ் சேனல்களும் உள்ளன என்ற விளம்பரங்களை அள்ளி தெளித்து அவர்களை தடுமாறவும் தடம் மாறவும் செய்கிறது"

"While many homes in the digitalization changes to the STB, most people are confused about how to switch to digital mode. DTH companies are using this situation by throwing them with ads that are all the Tamil channels are available (including Puthiya Tahalaimurai) for 6 months with 140 channels all at Rs 2,600"

Even if the people move to DTH, MSO can easily get benefited by selling their own DTH as a considerable percentage of the DTH subscribers move to them so not a big deal for the MSO and also no Arasu can remove DTH so these MSO wants to hunt two mango with one stone.

But LCO's are in the pressure to retain people as when more and more people move to DTH they are are ultimate losers as they cant go to other areas to get customers or earn less with a very few subscribers, so the only option for the LCO to retain the left over customers is to offer more popular pay channels through analogue for free.

"சென்னையில் தற்போது கொடுக்கப்படும் அனலாக் முறையில் அனைத்து தமிழ் சேனல்களும் கொடுக்கபாட்டால் ஒரு வேலை... இது போன்ற DTH இன் தாக்கத்தை குறைக்கலாம் என்றும்... மேலும் சென்னையில் எப்போது டிஜிட்டலாக்கம் முழுமையடையும் என்பது யாருக்கும் தெரியாது.... தற்போது உள்ள ரூபாய் மதிப்பின் வீழ்ச்சியில் STB விலையும் DTH பாக்ஸ் விலையும் ஏறக்குறைய ஒரே தொகையாகக்கூட மாறலாம்...என்று கூறியவர்....அனலாக் சேனல்கள் அதிகரிக்கும்போது புதியவர்கள் ஆப்ரேட்டர்களாவது கூட தடுக்கப்படலாம் எனவும் தெரிவித்தார் பெயர் வெளியிடவிரும்பாத சென்னையின் மீடியா நிபுணர் ஒருவர். "

"May be if LCO's start to offer more channels for free then there is a good chance to retain subscribers and also there are chances of the DAS STB to cost as equal to the DTH STB so by offering more free channels the LCO's can stop new LCO's from being formed"

==

Ref: :: TN Television

I've asked about arasu's package details at their helpline number 04428221223..
They said that they've been offering a single pack of 200 channels for 100Rs through STB only :)..
Works under progress in chennai :wall

"Works under progress in chennai "

How long the work will be in under progress.. This Central Govt wont give license ..that's for sure..

aravindan said:
I've asked about arasu's package details at their helpline number 04428221223..
They said that they've been offering a single pack of 200 channels for 100Rs through STB only :)..
Works under progress in chennai :wall

Their package sounds great, but why only through STB? Why not in analogue? Why not top 100 channels with watchable quality like they are giving to other cities in TN? :sp :sp

Work is always in progress. We can wakeup the sleeping person, but it isn't possible to wakeup someone who pretends to be asleep and wants to stay that way for long. :wall :wall

sathishbabu4u said:
"Works under progress in chennai "

How long the work will be in under progress.. This Central Govt wont give license ..that's for sure..

I think the work will be under progress for ever as they don't seem to want to enter Chennai and they know about the Licence issue and seem to not want that so they can take it as an excuse for not entering Chennai for ever otherwise they would have entered Chennai in the analogue mode with their CAS license.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock