Are you happy with new (2019) TRAI based satellite tv plans?

Are you happy with new TRAI based satellite tv plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I prefer the old system is because Airtel was providing all HD channels for 225 rs. If I had to pick channels of my choice via alacarte or broadcaster bouquet in the old regime the price would've been even higher. I mean a single Sports channel was around 60 rs + GST right?

Airtel DTH sub here.

Under previous rule: 166 PM (just my plan 99 and Bengali top up of 66 PM)

Under new rule: 245 PM (just adding the Bengali channels through a-la-carte)

A message to those trolls and losers who have voted in favour of this rule, that your package price has reduced.

Mention the channels you were getting under old rule, and the same under this new rule. Cutting like the majority of channels to reduce the price, and watch like 3 channels in the end under this new rule is stupid. Besides you all were over-paying to start with! Just never bothered to adjust your package under old rule to bring down the cost; under this new rule you're now forced to, that's why seeing a reduction in package price only!

PS: Thought about creating a topic like this, but exactly for this reason didn't bother. We need a clear picture of this new rule and exactly how many users are affected by this; how many are paying more than before. Please make it sticky also. People have been mislead to no extent by TRAI, at least show them the real truth through this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy with this new TRAI rules, I am a Tata Sky HD customer with total 3 HD boxes in my home. My subscription cost reduced from Rs.1000 per month to Rs.600 per month. I suggest Tata Sky Multi TV users to split their connections if there is a difference in choice of channels in their various TV's at home, you can reduce your monthly costs further.

Earlier each sports channel was Rs.75, CNBC Prime HD was Rs.100 etc and I had to subscribe Higher priced packs+ HD access Fee pack+ Multi TV +Multi TV. Glad to see all this gone now.

Big blow to VIDEOCON D2H Customers
Before the TRAI Rules my Monthly Cable bill added upto Flexi (Rs 99) +Telugu Addon (Rs 67) +HD All sports(Rs 85 ) = Rs 251/- inclusive of GST

I just want all Telugu channels and Sports channels which came at Rs 250/- before the new Trai rules ,

But now the same channels are costing around Rs 400 /- and D2h doesn't even have all the channels mentioned in the bouquets .

What's the use after finding some cheap broadcaster bouquet only to realize that many of the channels in that bouquet aren't even available on your dth.

Especially after the new TRAI Rules with bouquets presented by Dth's worse than that of Broadcaster's bouquets ,there is no point in still staying with Videocon D2h or any Dth that doesn't even offer all the channels available in Broadcaster's bouquets.

In my opinion it's better to migrate to TATA SKY where you will get atleast all the channels announced in the Broadcaster's bouquets , since after migrating there wouldn't be any difference in Price you have to pay every month.

Funny people saying this will benefit in long run. We are just consumers only present matters to us. And those quoting quality will improve. Lol what more are you expecting from channels like star Sony and regional big players. People are happy with their present content. And they have become pricey with this trai's move. Some are really over thinking and expecting more out of this pathetic move.
I m sure u know that trai has only capped maximum price of channel to not go beyond 19 if in a bouquet as earlier few channels were as pricier as 75 for one individual channels.
Trai has also capped profit margin for one connection to be 130 max in comparison to earlier non-transparent deal between them and broadcaster.
U should be aware that trai has only capped these profits of broadcasters and distributers and giving market governing power in the hand of consumer as now on it's simple demand and supply rule applicable to this market.
Ur anger is misdirected since it's broadcasters and distributers who are charging MAXIMUM of their allowed profit margin from u in terms of channel price of 19 and ncf of 130 both being MRP and bound to be discounted since u as consumer won't be buying EVERY channel now.
Most of us are short sighted and can't see simple things.
Two more things to clarify that trai has power to reduce MRP of channels from 19 and also forcing 85:100 rule as noted by supreme Court. Trai has assured that it will keep watch from consumer point of view and if needed then will take necessary action.
So dear every possiblity from here on is the rectification of prices in favor of consumer... either by market trends or forcibly by trai.
Just wait and watch....

Last edited:
Airtel DTH sub here.

Under previous rule: 166 PM (just my plan 99 and Bengali top up of 66 PM)

Under new rule: 245 PM (just adding the Bengali channels through a-la-carte)

A message to those trolls and losers who have voted in favour of this rule, that your package price has reduced; you can cut your hands off, then you won't have to eat; you can chop your legs off, then you won't have to move and so on. Get what I saying?
Mention the channels you were getting under old rule, and the same under this new rule. Cutting like the majority of channels to reduce the price, and watch like 3 channels in the end under this new rule is stupid AF. Besides you all were over-paying to start with! Just never bothered to adjust your package under old rule to bring down the cost; under this new dumbarse rule you're now forced to, that's why seeing a reduction in package price only! Good god these stupid people.

PS: Thought about creating a topic like this, but exactly for this reason didn't bother. Please remove the votes of those stupid people who had provision to have a lower rated package under old rule, but simply chose to over-pay. We need a clear picture of this new rule and exactly how many users are affected by this; how many are paying more than before. Please make it sticky also. People have been mislead to no extent by TRAI, at least show them the real truth through this forum.
These supporters are tatasky users only who were paying HD access fees and thus basic pack price was costing them ₹500....
I think trai and government people were also tatasky users and hence they made this decision

Pushing customers 10 years back can never be a good decision.when internet is cheap,smart TV and smartphone are easily available people will soon prefer to watch their favourite shows using jiotv or other internet subscriptions.

Well said bro....let's say you are choosing just 3 HD channels(starplus HD,Colors HD,zee TV HD) for your family you still end up paying ₹153+67= ₹220

Is it wise to pay such high amount for less channels. Excess channels should exist else what will be the meaning of channel surfing 😅
Besides sometime some channel shows different content.it is always better to have more channels.

I watched above 40 HD channels in ₹595 in old package. Now just 6 hd channels in ₹215 . Again I hate TRAI rules. :angry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock