Arnab's new channel to be called Republic

hindifun said:
Talk on the twitter is that Arnab's new channel to be called Republic and may start from 27 January 2017.

:eek:hya Exclusive share ;) post the snapshot bro :k

Even as the Indian TV news industry and viewers wait in anticipation for Arnab Goswami's next avatar, TNM has learned that his new venture will be called 'Republic'. Speaking to TNM, Goswami confirmed the name of his new venture and only said that work is on to get the venture up and running.

Goswami told The News Minute, “My venture is called ‘Republic’; I seek the support of the people of India.”

The editor was however at his secretive best and said more details would be revealed only after a few weeks.

On November 1, 2016, Arnab Goswami had quit from his position of Editor-in-Chief and President, News, of Times Now and ET Now.

TNM has learnt that the venture will primarily be based out of Mumbai. Sources have told TNM that a media owner based out of Bengaluru, a major TV distribution network and an influential advertising and media buying group, are a part of the bouquet of investors who are coming together to back Arnab. TNM has also been told, contrary to some speculation, that all the investors are 'Indian'.

In his farewell speeches to employees at Times Now, Arnab had insisted that he would head an ‘independent’ media venture. Though the venture may start initially with a digital footprint, a TV channel is in the pipeline before Uttar Pradesh elections.

The English TV news industry in India has seen quite a few significant changes after Arnab’s resignation. While a few members of his core team quit soon after, the editor of News X channel, Rahul Shivsankar , joined Times Now as Chief Editor. Hector Kenneth, who was in charge of news operations in News X has also joined Times Now as Output chief. Both Rahul and Hector were part of Arnab Goswami’s team in 2005, when Times Now was started.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/arnab-goswami-announces-his-new-venture-be-called-republic-54334

Yes!! The lion is back!! We missed him so badly since his disappearance!!!
This is the best news I have heard for a long long time!! Cant wait now :eek:hya :eek:hya :eek:hya

Also, if airtel fails to add this channel, I'd have no other choice than saying "Bye bye airtel", and its final! Even if they remove 2 channels for this, no problem, but they HAVE TO ADD IT!!!!

Tha.RP8 said:
Also, if airtel fails to add this channel, I'd have no other choice than saying "Bye bye airtel", and its final! Even if they remove 2 channels for this, no problem, but they HAVE TO ADD IT!!!!

No idea who will add, but TS will add it surely. They are waiting for channels to be launch to add in their platform!!! :p

niyasmkkv said:
Is that major Tv distribution network is Asianet??

it cud be 

read this :-

[font=Merriweather, serif]Arnab Goswami who announced his resignation as the Editor in Chief of Times Now on Tuesday, might start a new English news channel. Financial Express reports that BJP MP and industrialist Rajeev Chandrasekhar is a main financial supporter for the project. The new venture will have a tie-up with the global media tycoon Rupert Murdoch.[/font]

[font=Merriweather, serif]Rajeev Chandrasekhar is the head of the Jupiter Capital which owns regional television channels like Asianet and Suvarna. Rajeev Chandrasekhar also plays as the Vice Chairman of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in Kerala.[/font]

Report: Arnab Goswami aims it big; To team up with BJP MP Rajeev

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock