Good News Asianet aspect ratio changed to 16:9

• Thread starter Stvnn
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 2,840
dUh3Yeg.jpg

EO3C5qT.jpg

When it comes to CRT, it looks more streched than other sd channels having 16:9 ratio, due to the triangular shape of the logo.

Also, I'm having strong feeling that SD quality has decreased.
Yes. I provides a quality like when we strech(otherwise switching to 16:9) using our TV settings. Sun network, Mazhavil Manorama etc keeps good quality for SD channels even after jumping to 16:9 format.

Yes. I provides a quality like when we strech(otherwise switching to 16:9) using our TV settings. Sun network, Mazhavil Manorama etc keeps good quality for SD channels even after jumping to 16:9 format.
Mazhavil had long back did 16:9 and it looks good too.
But Asianet is like watching 720p video.

One more possibility.
Tomorrow & Sunday Asianet Television Awards 2022, is to be aired.
Maybe temporarily for that.

One more possibility.
But they didn't do such things before. This may be a part of stepping all SD channels to 16:9. Asianet follows with the array of Star Sports, Asianet plus, Star Maa etc.

One more possibility.
Regarding quality ,my observation is it has increased when compared with old 4:3 SD . their older format was edge crop and picture was getting stretched to fit 16:9 tv .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock