Atrocious audio on TataSky since DD+

soundtek said:
What my guess is that TS is trying to upscale sound to 7.1 channel irrespective of the source format.

Nope. That is not the case. Because the signal shows to be 5.1 only.

soundtek said:
What they should do is provide an additional option in the STB to select our choice of speaker setup - 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 or maybe even stereo. I think this would solve most of our problems.

But why would they need to do that and or what purpose would that serve? The speaker setup is always at the decoder level. Which would be an AVR or a Pre/Pro. Setting up the number of speakers in the set-top box would require the Dolby Digital signal to be processed & Digital to Analog conversion be done in the set-top box. Even then, the number of channels output cannot be more than the number of channels encoded in the original source. A Dolby Digital decoder can down mix channels to compensate for lesser number of speakers. But it cannot increase the number of channels for additional speakers.

I meant IF the original source was recorded in that format. Otherwise doesn't make sense. Didn't know that they're still providing audio in 5.1 only

Okay was just watching movies now HD and the center speaker volume was hardly audible. Each speaker volume was set same this time. But on MN+ HD the center speaker was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock