Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 435
  • Views: Views 116,025
Hello, my Xtreme box has updated to latest version of update. And my problem with hdr solved, but in audio settings there is no Manual selection, only auto mode or no surround. Only two option.
I am geting dolby audio in hd channels.
But netflix not even showing dolby audio. Or where a movie title shows it only showing HD. But it should ahow 5.1 too but its not showing.. and i don't get any dolby audio in any apps like netflix,hotstar,xtream etc...
How can i solve this ? Do i need to roll back my firm version ? Or is there any other way...
I have seen that most of you have rolled back and it worked.. how can i ask them for a push roll back?

Hello, my Xtreme box has updated to latest version of update. And my problem with hdr solved, but in audio settings there is no Manual selection, only auto mode or no surround. Only two option.
I am geting dolby audio in hd channels.
But netflix not even showing dolby audio. Or where a movie title shows it only showing HD. But it should ahow 5.1 too but its not showing.. and i don't get any dolby audio in any apps like netflix,hotstar,xtream etc...
How can i solve this ? Do i need to roll back my firm version ? Or is there any other way...
I have seen that most of you have rolled back and it worked.. how can i ask them for a push roll back?
I have MI 4APRO 43" TV and SONY HTRT40 home theater system..

Hello All,

As you know, I have upgraded my HD box to XStream Smart box yesterday.

Good News - Upgraded to XStream Smart box

I have mentioned in my review that there is a bug with the Audio on this box.

Issue:

XStream box is sending Dolby Digital signal on ALL channels and content, regardless of whether the content is actually in Dolby Digital format. This is creating an issue with the audio on stereo channels. Usually, my Home Theater upscales the audio on the stereo channels and produces decent 5.1 audio that I can manage with. It is not happening on this box, because of the box sending 5.1 input regardless of the source having it or not. You may think what's the problem if the box itself is sending 5.1 channel audio on all channels. There lies the catch, only the signal is 5.1 but the sound comes in just 2 speakers i.e. Front Left and Front Right. So basically, the box sends the signal as 5.1 but doesn't send the sound that way and the home theater assumes it's receiving 5.1 and doesn't try to upscale, keeping the stereo audio as is. Fortunately, this is not an issue on the channels/content on which Dolby Digital is available. Box properly sends the sound to all speakers for such content.

Amazon Prime not producing Dolby audio at all.

Solutions Tried:

1. Tried enabling/disabling System sounds. It doesn't have any impact.
2. Tried enabling/disabling HDMI CEC and Volume control over CEC. It doesn't have any impact.
3. Tried using an Optical cable instead of HDMI cable. No change.
4. Tried selecting different formats manually instead of Auto in the Android settings -> Device Settings -> Sound. This is making the entire audio to go to 2 channels if we select certain formats manually and even the content with Dolby is showing as Stereo. It's working fine only in Auto mode. Please note my Home Theater supports only Dolby Digital.

I spoke to the Airtel audio technical team member whom I worked with earlier to fix the Star Maa HD audio issue. He said this box produces original audio regardless of what the format is in the content. However, I explained the issue to him, asked him to test on his end, and he is yet to respond.

It is worth noting that I did notice this with my friend's Internet TV box. I once brought that box to my home for testing and in that box also, all channels were showing Dolby Digital in my Home Theater. I didn't have a chance to look into it keenly at that time though. Now that I see this issue on this XStream box, I can remember it clearly. Also, on the Internet TV box, we had the ability to select the audio type as Stereo or Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus in the box settings instead of Android settings. That has been removed on the XStream box. The only place where we can change the audio formats is in the Android settings.

Though I think this is a software issue that Airtel needs to fix, Let us use this thread to discuss it and solutions that we can try. Hopefully, we can find something.

Cheers,
Siva
Hi siva, i can see some smart tv’s with firetv edition in amazon (with pictures as amazon music app ) which means it will support amazon music app, primevideo with dd+, hotstar 5.1? ... any idea on this new edition tv’s

I just bought sony hts-500rf n connected through optical with xstream box. I am getting dolby digital output from netflix , hotstar and some HD channels ... Also no 5.1 from prime video . Hope the issue was persisting for last one year... What airtel and amazon technical teams are doing ?

I just escalated the issue to airtel and amazon . I dont know when they will solve .

If we do casting from mobile to box , 5.1 is working for prime videos , but there is some lag in playing.

i connected my HT through optical cable, i am not getting the audio itself. Enabling Bluetooth, wifi, date format & other options are freezed, m not able to change those options. I have internet tv setup from airtel which is lot better when compared.

I was not having 5.1 Option in Netflix on Airtel Xtreme Box. I called Airtel and they said they have to downgrade the box software which had an option to select/de-select dolby.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock