"Australia Network" is Shut Down from 28th September. Replacing with "Australia Plus"

Deep.S

Satellite Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
nasuseze.jpg
ABC-managed Australia Network will cease broadcasting on September 28th, tobe replaced by a 6 hour daily block of online content known asAustralia Plus Television.TodayLynley Marshall,CEO ABC International, sent an email to staff and partners:It is with much regret that, after many years of broadcasting into the region, I must inform you of the termination of the Australia Network TV service.As you may be aware, the ABC has been forced to terminate the service following the Australian Government’s withdrawal of its funding. The ABC has developed a new service to fulfil its obligations to broadcastinternationally however, at this point in time, this does not include a widely available television channel.We will be terminating the Australia Network service at 12.00 midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Sunday, the 28th of September. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.From Monday 29 September, we will provide a 6-hour block of television content from Australia Plus Television which will be available between 3pm to 9pm AEST (5 pm to 11 pm Fiji time). From Sunday 5 October following daylight saving, this will change to 4pm – 10pm AEDST (6 pm to 12.00 pm Fiji time). Technical specifications for the satellite delivery of this 6-hour block will be provided shortly.Australia Plus Television will also offer iview-style on demand content for expats with both free and pay per view catch-up content.

Read:- Australia Network to shutdown on September 28th | TV Tonight

Thats bad to hear, I was actually expecting this channel to be vying for DTH space as well, after it got onto DD Freedish. :s :gn

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock