DTH updates Azaad TV removed by Tata Sky

Removal from Tata Sky is fitting. This is positioned as the channel of rural India. Tata Sky is always considered premium brand.
Even then, Tata Sky is used by a large number of people in second- and third- tier cities and villages. That is the main reason why it is the largest DTH in the country. If a channel is not available on TS, its distribution suffers. You know only too well about Jonack.

Even then, Tata Sky is used by a large number of people in second- and third- tier cities and villages. That is the main reason why it is the largest DTH in the country. If a channel is not available on TS, its distribution suffers. You know only too well about Jonack.
Yes, this is why 9XO had to shut down. No proper distribution. Earlier at our grandmother's village there were no alternative to Doordarshan. This was in the middle of 2006. Than we got Tata Sky. Back than we only had few options. Cable never made it to village. It is DTH still dominating in the village. And this is not some poor village.

Yes, this is why 9XO had to shut down. No proper distribution. Earlier at our grandmother's village there were no alternative to Doordarshan. This was in the middle of 2006. Than we got Tata Sky. Back than we only had few options. Cable never made it to village. It is DTH still dominating in the village. And this is not some poor village.
But in lower Assam Airtel is used by most of the peoples. Even In my village many people changed their dth from Tata Sky to Airtel DTH.

But in lower Assam Airtel is used by most of the peoples. Even In my village many people changed their dth from Tata Sky to Airtel DTH.
As I said Tata Sky is premium and the villagers are very rich. We (our extended family) are from upper Assam not lower Assam. So I can't comment on it. Airtel was very affordable before NTO. Tata Sky was the expensive one. People there preferred quality over affordability. Nowadays everyone charges pretty much the same amount. I posted couple of months back how government offices and public places have Airtel connection. Ironically, showing Jonack. But in the town I only see Tata Sky dishes. Because of people transitioning from digital cable to DTH. They are upgrading their TV sets herd. HD is playing huge role here. When I visit North Guwahati. I see reverse only Airtel dishes.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock