'Balika Vadhu' to end on July 31

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
'Balika Vadhu' ends on July 31

It's curtains for one of the longest running television shows 'Balika Vadhu'. Launched in 2008, the show will air its last episode on July 31, thereby completing eight years. Reveals a source associated with the show, "We have been informed about the decision. The unit will shoot the last episode around July 22. The show has run its course and it will make no sense to drag it any further." Apparently, low ratings is also a reason behind the decision. The makers brought back veteran actress Surekha Sikri recently in a hope to regain lost ground, but it didn't work.

Mahhi, who plays the protagonist Nandini, says, "I have not been informed officially about this. It is unfortunate if 'Balika Vadhu' is coming to an end. I wish the show was promoted well as no one knew that it was airing at an early evening time slot. For me, it's time to move on professionally."

Ruslan Mumtaz, who plays the male lead in the show, says, "This hasn't been announced yet. I was told that we would be informed at least two months before the show shuts. But if it is ending, then it is time to move on to another project."

'Balika Vadhu' ends on July 31 - Times of India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock