Discussion BARC Ratings | Week 35 (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why you are comparing kannada market with tamil market.....In kannada market there is no such fierce competition as tamil market
Nd now check tamil market impression you will get to know that how hard it will be for colors tamil to cross even 100k right now they need to work on fictions
I know that Tamil market channels imp.

Star-Plus-Week-35-696x522.jpg

Star Plus emerged as the leading primetime destination for viewers on both weekdays and weekends with 549 Mn impressions and 29% market share in PHGEC category. Backed by these marquee properties, the channel has consolidated its leadership by hitting a milestone of 269 GRPs, the highest Pay HGEC in the last 5.5 years.

Anupamaa – captures the pains and struggles of a housewife at 22:00hrs (10:00pm), continues to be slot leader with a giant share of 39%. It has a fan base of 22 Mn viewers weekly. The show has been successful in growing the category by 24% since its launch.

Shaadi Mubarak which celebrates the second innings of two individuals at 7:30pm; the show has doubled the slot (0.6 à 1.3 TVR) & had brought 8 Mn incremental viewership for the slot. Viewer’s traction continues to grow as the show has grown by 8% in its second week.
Apart from new shows, viewers continue to shower their appreciation on the legacy show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya Season 1 which rated 2.1 TVR in the afternoon slot, watched by 36 Mn viewers in the week. Despite its rerun after a decade, it became the 7th most-watched show in the category.

Star Plus further consolidates its No.1 spot

Star-Plus-Week-35-696x522.jpg

Star Plus emerged as the leading primetime destination for viewers on both weekdays and weekends with 549 Mn impressions and 29% market share in PHGEC category. Backed by these marquee properties, the channel has consolidated its leadership by hitting a milestone of 269 GRPs, the highest Pay HGEC in the last 5.5 years.

Anupamaa – captures the pains and struggles of a housewife at 22:00hrs (10:00pm), continues to be slot leader with a giant share of 39%. It has a fan base of 22 Mn viewers weekly. The show has been successful in growing the category by 24% since its launch.

Shaadi Mubarak which celebrates the second innings of two individuals at 7:30pm; the show has doubled the slot (0.6 à 1.3 TVR) & had brought 8 Mn incremental viewership for the slot. Viewer’s traction continues to grow as the show has grown by 8% in its second week.
Apart from new shows, viewers continue to shower their appreciation on the legacy show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya Season 1 which rated 2.1 TVR in the afternoon slot, watched by 36 Mn viewers in the week. Despite its rerun after a decade, it became the 7th most-watched show in the category.

Star Plus further consolidates its No.1 spot

Star Plus gets very average ratings bw 7 to 9.30 pm slots!

Saath Nibhaana Sathiya 👏 👏 I thought it would'be getting 1 to 1.5 ,but 2.1 is seriously very big, in StarPlus primetime originals only Anupama gets 2+ !

Star Plus gets very average ratings bw 7 to 9.30 pm slots!

Saath Nibhaana Sathiya 👏 👏 I thought it would'be getting 1 to 1.5 ,but 2.1 is seriously very big, in StarPlus primetime originals only Anupama gets 2+ !
Before few week back i read its rerun trp was 1.8 now it increased to 2.1
Plus getting such trp for continuos 3-4 hr rerun is very big thing that too on afternoon slot
Plus now we got to knw real reason behind its season 2 many people think that popular rap version made way for season 2 but now i think this is real reason behind season 2

Last edited:
Before few week back i read its rerun trp was 1.8 now it increased to 2.1
Plus getting such trp for continuos 3-4 hr rerun is very big thing that too on afternoon slot
This is a great advantage for StarPlus in this IPL season! Star Pravah's Devyani is also getting good numbers in its repeat!

Star Plus's leadership is not surprising. What is truly surprising is the fact that it has put up a poster to celebrate this. Star Pravah regularly has posters showing its BARC ratings (as well as Star Maa), but Star Plus and Star Jalsha almost never do this.
They are sharing this type of news from the time they are breaking previous records first they shared when lockdown was over and that time they crossed 600k mark (urban) which was first for pay hindi gec nd now when they crossed 700k mark (urban) when they broke previous record of their own
I guess they are sharing this because from the time of barc launch any gec havent crossed even 600k mark leave 700k alone

Star jalsha also did the same when they beated zee bangla in urban market in first week after lockdown but they didnt shared news they just made insta story same like pravah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock