BARC Ratings Week 45 (2020)

Not everything that Star Plus touches has to turn into gold.
It's a lesson for StarPlus. Since they were on cloud nine since they topped the charts inspite of having very less slot leaders in primetime.

StarPlus Has Shrink To Number #2 across Pay Platform but has managed to continue their Dominance in Hindi GEC. Star Ustav has been in #1st Place Across All Platforms. This Week 4/5 Star Channels are In Top Spot Across All Platforms. Maa,Asianet,Jalsha,Pravah continue to dominate in their key markets. Star has lost #1 Spot To Rival in English Movie Section (It was bound to happen as they were continuously repeating Disney,Pixar & Marvel Movies, they need to start airing new titles to retain in the race) StarGold is on Top but again in Hindi Movies Section it's really hard to break sony dominance which zee & star need to pay attention. Disney International & StarWorld has also shrink to 5th & 3rd Position respectively. Both the channels needs proper scheduling. Coming to Star Suvarna! They really need to pay attention in this low performing channel, StarBharat needs to shut the shop.
Comparing to others, still they are doing well. I wonder what has happened to ZEE TV. Nowadays, their GRP is even lower than Colors TV and SAB TV. Though they are cherishing with the ratings of Bhagyas, but they need to work on their other serials and emphasize on bringing back SaReGaMaPa Hindi, Dance India Dance and other reality shows, which is a legacy of ZEEL. As we have these shows for regional ones (Zee Bangla, Marathi, Keralam, Tamil), likewise. On a different note, how much GRP do Zee Action, Bollywood and Classic have? My GOD! Zee has so many movie channels, on top of that they have so much package price. Totally unnecessary of ZEEL to keep so many movie channels. Zee Cinema and &Pictures could have done away with.
For Colors, only Colors Hindi and Kannada are going great, because Marathi and Tamil are struggling, and I guess Bangla and Odia are out of the game, as they have become dubbed content channels.

1GhyGQQ.jpg

I believe Zee Classic is the worst performing Hindi movie channel as I hardly see any Ad on it.
Zee Bollywood is good but Zee Action is worst among them.
Still, having 4 pay movie channels (Zee Cinema, &pictures HD+SD) is enough, alongwith a FTA movie channel (Zee Anmol Cinema - SD) is Enough. But again, Zee loves having a heavy bouquet of channels.
Ideal is of Star, Star Gold (SD & HD), Star Gold 2 (SD available, HD in pipeline), and a FTA (Star Utsav Movies).
Even I am ok with Colors (Colors Cineplex - Pay, Rishtey Cineplex - Free). As well as SPN, which has MAX, MAX 2 (Pay) and WAH (FTA). Atmost 5 is good, not more.

Star Bharat deserves to be closed. Ratings are not doing well.
Star Bharat and &TV are now doing shows which can be dubbed into regional languages (Bangla Marathi Tamil Telugu Kannada Malayalam), so they cover up the cost and most probably are on profit side.
Example, Star Bharat's Radhakrishna,
&TV's Paramavatar Shree Krishna and Ek Mahanayak Dr B.R. Ambedhkar.

Star Bharat deserves to be closed. Ratings are not doing well.
&TV is coming up with a new show, Yeshu, depicting life of Jesus. So we can conveniently say it will be dubbed in other languages, especially in Malayalam on Zee Keralam. These days, the 2nd GECs are more into mythology.

Star Bharat's RadhaKrishna is greatly received in Bangla and Kannada Markets, and &TV's Ek Mahanayak Dr BR Ambedkar is well received in Telugu and Kannada.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock