BARC Ratings Week 47 (2020)

What is the rating of Zee Thirai (Tamizh Movie Channel from Zee Network).They are telecasting new movies every Friday. Still they are not able to enter in the top list. Hope they have to change new movie premieres to weekends like before Zee Tamil (Sunday 4pm movie slot) instead of Friday (Working Day) 7pm.

Now Vijay Super also going to premiere new movies for next 2 months even though mostly will be good Tamil Dubbed telugu movies. So, good competition and nice treat to viewers.
Proper GRP of Zee Thirai is not available, but don't expect Zee Thirai in top5 anytime soon!

Zee Thirai still has to beat Colors Tamil! 0

For all the recent success of the Star network, and particularly Star Pravah, one big genre was left out in @KAR bro’s post above. After the IPL got over, Star Sports is hardly talked about as all the attention has shifted to Sony Six and Sony Ten 1/3 because of the IND v AUS series.

It needs a BIG REVAMP. Old logo, same movie strategy, 11-year-old graphics. This cannot continue. The exit of HBO/WB should make things a little easy for Star Movies and Sony Pix (which has also not rebranded since October 2013), but Sony Pix is seeing great success from multi-audio-language movies whereas Star Movies is simply rehashing Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies just because it is owned by Disney.
Yup! Thats the reason i didn't added SPORTS PROGRAMMING as there's only 2 Players who handles all the sporting events broadcast in india. That's not be fair to both of them because both of them are best in their respective programming!
Coming To Star Movies! Couldn't Agree More. That Channel needs a Revamp.

Star/ Disney should understand that its hindi movie chs get max audience for bollywood films except few dubbed south indian films . They should avoid implementing sony max or zee cinema content strategy on its chs

Also I m shocked Star Sports got almost 50% ratings for old highlights as compared to what sony got for live t20 match.

Also I m shocked Star Sports got almost 50% ratings for old highlights as compared to what sony got for live t20 match.
Bro live t20i series starting from today. That rating is of 1st live ODI only which was held on 27th November :blush2:
but would have been more happy if live Isl or live 1st T20 match between England and South Africa live match which was on star sports would have been there instead of 1 or 2 Yr old ball by ball repeat match which is there at 5th position . I want that people should watch football in more number especially the top football league of India that is the Indian super league.
If people can watch women's ipl in big numbers then why not Isl.

Bro live t20i series starting from today. That rating is of 1st live ODI only which was held on 27th November :blush2:
but would have been more happy if live Isl or live 1st T20 match between England and South Africa live match which was on star sports would have been there instead of 1 or 2 Yr old ball by ball repeat match which is there at 5th position . I want that people should watch football in more number especially the top football league of India that is the Indian super league.
If people can watch women's ipl in big numbers then why not Isl.
That's the sad reality of Football in India :sad:
People should now understand why Star airs highlights of old India Cricket matches all the time. They are into business and are getting good returns from these highlights as evident from last week's TRP chart. So why they will care about anything else ?

I was so dissapointed to see that even the match b/w ATKMB and EB (Asia's oldest Derby) in ISL didn't make into the top 5 and instead a 2 year old repeat cricket match came there. We shall blame the audience who are overly obsessed with cricket, rather than the broadcaster.

Last edited:
Week 47 tamil channels urban ratting only
Sun tv 1151
Vijay tv 866
Zee tamil 577
Ktv 295
Vijay super 156
Sun life 117
Colors tamil 99
ZEE THIRAI 84
Jaya tv 77
Kalaignar tv 76
Raj tv 63
Polimer 45
Vijay music 28
Puthuyugam 19
This data urban only

Sun tv 1151
Vijay tv 866
Zee tamil 577
Ktv 295
Vijay super 156
Sun life 117
Colors tamil 99
ZEE THIRAI 84
Jaya tv 77
Kalaignar tv 76
Raj tv 63
Polimer 45
Vijay music 28
Puthuyugam 19
This data urban only
Where is Sun Music?

Sun tv 1151
Vijay tv 866
Zee tamil 577
Ktv 295
Vijay super 156
Sun life 117
Colors tamil 99
ZEE THIRAI 84
Jaya tv 77
Kalaignar tv 76
Raj tv 63
Polimer 45
Vijay music 28
Puthuyugam 19
This data urban only
Colors Tamil is so less... Don't know if they will survive or not...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock