Barc trp week 29

• Thread starter MMM123
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 4,260
Surprisingly for Hindi GECs, Star Plus' Nach Baliye rated higher than both Colors' Dance Deewane and Zee's Dance India Dance. Will it continue to pan out this way, or was this just an anomaly?

Surprisingly for Hindi GECs, Star Plus' Nach Baliye rated higher than both Colors' Dance Deewane and Zee's Dance India Dance. Will it continue to pan out this way, or was this just an anomaly?
Zee tv has failed continuously in reality for two years, since rebranding.

Well, Sony BBC Earth is also part Happy India (A) and Platinum version of this pack. I would certainly not agree that individual price of this channel is on higher side but people r not opting for Sony Bouquet as for most it comes at end in their priority list, they prefer chosing only Sony or Max as standalone basis. There r many opting for mid level operator bouquet which again does not include Sony BBC Earth as operators (case be airtel) r including Rs. 36 version of Happy India Pack in their customised version. This is why i maintain Sony needs to package / market its offering properly to gain ratings.

Coming to English GEC or Movies, well they r again not overpriced if chosen as respective bouquet and pricing also depends upon segment concerned channel caters to. Even acquisition cost has climbed up drastically over last decade hence one cannot say that content comes cheap to broadcaster, monetizing is challenge as ad revenues have also dried up due to economy conditions. We should be willing to pay for quality stuff, comparison to OTT cannot be done bcoz business dynamics r completely different, all broadcasters can do is fine tune in each aspect to compete with other mediums.

Zee can't even consider launching classic english movie channel as it hardly has viewership and will fall flat. Tried many times by others too but failed miserably. All these niche categories can thrive only thru subscription revenue mode and people r reluctant to shell out money. Also Zee will not bring Zindagi or Pak content back on TV bcoz of reasons we all r well aware of
Most English GEC are airing same shows from years. MNX was doing good when it was airing classic movies. HD bouquets are expensive and mostly useless if I don't prefer other channels. And charging ₹10 is too much for infotainment shows when same shows are free on YouTube, Hotstar and Sony Liv without ads mostly. SD channels are fairly priced. HD cost more than double.

Last edited:
Coming to English movies. Channels are overpriced as well. Movies comes after a year of release. Still broadcasters are expecting us to pay more than ₹10 to watch movies with ads. HD bouquet are ridiculously priced. Also Zee you got two movie channels. MGM has left India. Why don't you convert your second movie to channel classic movie channel? It will succeed. And about &TV. There is still hope. Only if they bring back Zindagi's shows to TV again.

Yes, you are correct. Even now a days more streaming services are available without ads. I am using Amazon Prime and Netflix to watch movies. I stopped subscribe English movies in DTH.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock