BBC to not renew 'Top Gear' host Jeremy Clarkson's contract

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
MUMBAI: BBC will not renew the contract of Jeremy Clarkson who used to host the motoring show ‘Tiop Gear’. BBC DG Tony Hall said, “It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly.

I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.

“I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March.

Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report.

I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background.

I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion.

The main facts are not disputed by those involved.” Hall made three points. “First – The BBC is a broad church. Our strength in many ways lies in that diversity.

We need distinctive and different voices but they cannot come at any price.

Common to all at the BBC have to be standards of decency and respect. I cannot condone what has happened on this occasion.

A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to accident and emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one 

Read more at:

http://www.televisionpost.com/news/bbc-to-not-renew-top-gear-host-jeremy-clarksons-contract/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock