BBC Worldwide production head Roshan Dutt resigns

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Everybody remembers the face on the screen, but how many ever notice the sweat and toil that goes behind the camera?
With more than 15 years of expertise in the field of production, BBC Worldwide Productions head of production Roshan Dutt has resigned from his current position.
Dutt confirmed the development to i ndiantelevision.com and said that he will be serving his notice period till 18 July. He had put down his papers on 18 June.
Dutt wants to take a break before he moves on to his next assignment. “I haven’t fixed up on anything yet. I will probably work as a consultant for some time. I want to do interesting work and move beyond the regular things which I have been doing.” Movie production houses are on his mind.
He has shows likeIndian Idol, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Nach Baliyeand many more to his credit. “Today with so much dominance from broadcasters, producers don’t get too much creative freedom but just end up executing what is told to them,” he adds.
Dutt started his career with Channel V in 1999 as a production head OAP. He worked in the position for more than two years, after which he was elevated to senior production manager shows. He continued in that capacity till 2004. Later, he worked as a unit production manager at Miditech to executeIndian Idolseason one for eight months.
In 2005, he was appointed as a head of production at FremantleMedia, where he worked for a year and then joined Dong Tay, VAC, Vietnam as executive producer for nine months.
Being with BBC Worldwide Productions for more than six years, he believed it was time to move on and take up something which gives him the creative freedom. http://www.indiantelevision.com/tel...de-production-head-roshan-dutt-resigns-140710

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock