BCCC receives complaints against channels ‘disrespecting’ national symbols

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 816

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
The Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) has received several complaints against various TV channels regarding the ‘misrepresentation’ of national symbols on some of their programmes.

A Times of India report states that most of the complaints are against English channels, barring a few that are against the Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs). BCCC has received several complaints regarding channels showcasing the wrong map of India.

Some of the complaints received against channels like National Geographic and Ten Sports said that they had shown a wrong map of India by excluding Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and Aksai Chin.

The viewers stated that their ‘sentiments were hurt’ because of this incorrect depiction, according to the report. Complaints were also filed against History TV18, Animal Planet and Discovery HD World stating that the map displayed on the shows didn’t show Kashmir as a part of India.

Viewers complained that in one of the episodes of the recently concluded reality show ‘India’s Got Talent’ on Colors, the Indian flag being held by the anchor and some participants didn’t have the Ashok Chakra.

The Council has taken note of these complaints and has advised channels to ensure that they do not ‘disrespect’ the national symbols, reported TOI.

Read more at: 

http://www.televisionpost.com/news/bccc-receives-complaints-against-channels-disrespecting-national-symbols/

Just cancel license of 1 or 2 chs and impose 100 crore fine on that group after that check the result :angry

as for disrespecting flag and ashoka chakra.. I blame the channels and action should.be taken...

as for the map goes... it is our fault and only our fault.. I wont even any channels or group...the govt should act and sort out the map issue.. I am sureif u go to another country and ask for india's map each country will have its own version for the map....
instead of taking action against the channel, the govt should first say how much of Kashmir is in India's control.... you cant go to pok and raise Indian flag:(.. then whats the point of creating the fuss about it being not included in indias map.... the same goes for parts of India occupied by China..

Sarkar said:
Just cancel license of 1 or 2 chs and impose 100 crore fine on that group after that check the result :angry

Yas,bro. Govt should cancel licence channels. Also govt should ban al jazeera

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock