Seeking Help Best LNB For AirTel Digital TV (Xstream Box)

sushruta

Reaction score
I recently bought a new Xstream box but unlike some people were claiming that AirTel is giving Inverto LNB with the new Xstream box connection, I got a normal single LNB...I asked almost at every level of AirTel & none of them have any idea about what the heck an Inverto LNB is...The customer care people insisted me on buying some double or quad LNBs by paying money which I rejected because they couldn't confirm which company manufactured those...

Now the problem is, jab bhi bahar patta hilta hain, connection udd jaata hain showing signal strength & quality as zero...On a sunny day with no wind etc, the signal stays at 80 & quality as 14-15....

Since AirTel is not providing any Inverto LNB as they have not even heard about it, I asked them if I can buy it myself & install it myself without voiding the warranty & they told me it won't be any problem & I'm allowed to do that...

Now about the LNB, guys who have installed their own LNB can please help me out on which LNB would be the best for rainy season ?? I have heard about several Inverto models so a lil' confused on which one to buy...I may buy it from eBay or Aliexpress so the model need not necessarily have to be available with Indian dealers...

So, in short can you guys please help me out on the below two questions...

1) Which LNB is the best for rainy season ?? Inverto ? Sharp ? Solid ?? Please let me know the exact model so that I don't mess up buying another model...I have heard Tata-Sky provides great quality LNBs which provides signal even in heavy rains...Is that true or Tata Sky is also the same as DishTv or Airtel where signal gets lost even without much bad weather...

2) I have watched how the LNB has been installed by the AirTel technician who came to install the Xstream connection on my rooftop so it won't be a problem for me to remove the Airtel's LNB & change to a better one...But is the LNB just plug & play & the new LNB will automatically start receiving the Airtel signal or I need to configure something on the box too, like changing the transponder etc needed ?? Airtel people are telling that, it's just plug & play but I highly doubt that in case of 3rd party LNBs...

I have these two queries for my Xstream box but I guess any person who have upgraded their LNB themselves should be able to answer these as the process should be same for them too...

Thanks in advance... :)

Last edited:
i have been using videocon LNB 0.1db for more than a year , works fine.
i use it on airtel hevc Technicolor box

I am using airtel past 6 years ..
The very first day Technician visit our house to install box and antenna
And feeling good to say that till now No one visited my house for any purpose.
I am perfectly happy with my Sharp LNB (gives decent signal strength and quality ) and huawei HD+ box. Both LnB and Set top boxes are top notch quality airtel provided that time
Now I think quality detoriated as the value of human life also reduced.

@ Sushruta, did you find a suitable LNB for your Xstream box? I'm curious to know if it also increases PQ. Keep us posted bro.

I researched a lot about this in past couple of days & got to know that the Noise Figure should be 0.1dB & the gain should be aleast 70dB...Normal inferior quality LNBs come with 0.5dB & less gain..Result is no signal in even very little rain...

There are 5 options which I think are cheap in cost but quality ones & most of them are from Solid...I decided i'm not going to pay 1k for Inverto Black Ultra as it's not necessary...

1) Solid FS-327 DLX Universal Single LNBF (0.1: Buy Solid FS-327 DLX Universal Single LNBF

Noise Figure : 0.1dB , Gain :70dB, Product Code: FS-327DLX

2) Solid High Gain Universal LNB for All DTH - 70dB Ku-Band LNB : Buy High Gain LNB for All DTH with 70dB Gain and 0.1 Noise

Noise - 0.1dB, Gain - 70dB, Product Code: SDKB-70dB

3) Solid Universal Single Satellite TV 80dB ku-band LNB : Solid High Gain Universal LNB for All DTH - 80dB

Noise 0.1db, Gain:80db, Product Code: SDKB-80dB

4) INVERTO 4PORT QUAD KU BAND LNB, BEST FOR ALL OFFSET DISH ANTENNA : Buy Cash On Delhivery Inverto Red Quad lnb, Best for Bigger offset dish antennas

5) Good old SHARP01 : Buy Cash On Delhivery Sharp Full HD ku band Universal lnb Suitable for All dth

Make sure you buy from a genuine site/seller as there are several duplicate products available in the market which looks like original but are not...

I have not mentioned the pricing details above because I don't know how much these sites are gonna charge for shipping...

I would mostly buy a Solid 0.1/70-80 LNB or if not found, then Sharp...There is also a cheap Inverto by Tatasky at my list but not sure about it's specs as the site has not listed them...

If you are buying a Sharp LNB, make sure to watch some videos on YT to know how to identify a fake sharp which looks like the original one...

I am using airtel past 6 years ..

The very first day Technician visit our house to install box and antenna

And feeling good to say that till now No one visited my house for any purpose.

I am perfectly happy with my Sharp LNB (gives decent signal strength and quality ) and huawei HD+ box. Both LnB and Set top boxes are top notch quality airtel provided that time

Now I think quality detoriated as the value of human life also reduced.

Signal stays in rainy season ??

And you are completely right about the value of human life getting decreased...

Now-a-days, people are too much self-centered...They won't even bother even if a sick neighbor dies who stays just next to them...

It's all about, ME, MYSELF & MINE now & not WE,US & OUR...

Last edited:
@sushruta ,
I'm not fancy about seeing TV in rainy time as there will be chance for damaging TV due to lightning ...
Yes signal stays there during light drizzle but goes when there is overcast condition.
I didn't find any issue with my signal quality till now.

@ Sushruta, did you find a suitable LNB for your Xstream box? I'm curious to know if it also increases PQ. Keep us posted bro.
Sorry I mistakenly skipped this question of yours somehow....About PQ, people have different set of opinions i.e mixed opinions...I have watched several YT videos & almost all the comments by users in those videos...Some people are saying that changing/upgrading LNB only affects the signal quality & strength but not the PQ...And a few people are saying that, upgrading to a better LNB also improves the PQ...

So, I'm not sure...I guess we can buy a cheaper LNB like a Sharp or a Solid FS-327 DLX/Pro & check the PQ ourselves...If PQ gets better, then well & good...If not, then I think we don't need to spend on costly LNBs for nothing...

Sorry I mistakenly skipped this question of yours somehow....About PQ, people have different set of opinions i.e mixed opinions...I have watched several YT videos & almost all the comments by users in those videos...Some people are saying that changing/upgrading LNB only affects the signal quality & strength but not the PQ...And a few people are saying that, upgrading to a better LNB also improves the PQ...

So, I'm not sure...I guess we can buy a cheaper LNB like a Sharp or a Solid FS-327 DLX/Pro & check the PQ ourselves...If PQ gets better, then well & good...If not, then I think we don't need to spend on costly LNBs for nothing...
Thank you. Let the experiment begin with you. Anyway you are on the lookout for an LNB.

@sushruta,

This LNB can do magic. Only thing is its costly (above 1K). People import it from foreign due to its high gain.

Buy Cash On Delhivery Black Ultra ku Band Single HGLN 40mm Premium LNB
Inverto Black Ultra can only be bought original from Dubai...The original model number is Inverto 5203 Black Ultra...

In India & also in China people sell fake/first copy Inverto with model number 3116 (costs 1k+) which is not much better than the cheaper models available in India...

I got to knew this after reading several comments on several YT videos...Many people bought the 3116 model & found that it's a copy & they stopped using that because it made almost no difference compared to a Sharp LNB which is available under 200/- in India...

High-Gain LNBs are already available in India even under 500...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock