Discussion Big Mistake moving to Airtel Xtream from Tata Play

• Thread starter Poplu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 46
  • Views: Views 15,369
I agree with that.
But somehow faced lesser issues with Tata Sky in span of 8 years. Even, my father who is not that much tech savvy, noticed issues with Airtel quality and wants Tata Play back 😁
I personally do find HD channels are at par with TP. SD channels quality might not be as good as TP.

Fav channel dedicated lcn also missing.. difficult to switch from one fav to next fav 🤪

Fav channel dedicated lcn also missing.. difficult to switch from one fav to next fav 🤪
True. There is a lot of room for improvement. Better hardware, better sortware experience should be provided by the operators. Nowadays people aren't hesitant to pay up good sums if the end user experience is better

True. There is a lot of room for improvement. Better hardware, better sortware experience should be provided by the operators. Nowadays people aren't hesitant to pay up good sums if the end user experience is better
true! even i am ready to pay upto 2500 provided they add MTV beats HD and dedicated LCNs for fav channels

true! even i am ready to pay upto 2500 provided they add MTV beats HD and dedicated LCNs for fav channels
Exactly. No one will object. But nothing is perfect, there will be tradeoffs and we have to accept it. Also this a home entertainment setup, people don't generally change it often. So we adjust. Hope that, moving forward we will have better products at our disposal.

If someday I leave DTH entirely, I will go for Apple TV. I already use a few products from the vendor and there products are of good quality and offers good user experience.

It's rather strange that you are getting better SD channel PQ and poor HD channel PQ on Airtel. It should be the opposite. Did you check the box settings? You might have to turn the HDR off on the box. Also what's your Sony TV model? In terms of audio, Airtel comfortably beats TP imo (You must compare using a home theater)

It's rather strange that you are getting better SD channel PQ and poor HD channel PQ on Airtel. It should be the opposite. Did you check the box settings? You might have to turn the HDR off on the box. Also what's your Sony TV model? In terms of audio, Airtel comfortably beats TP imo (You must compare using a home theater)
I am using 2018 model of Sony Tv Full HD.
Same TV performing very well with Tata Sky HD and Amazon Fire TV stick. So tv can't have issues with clarity.
So it has to be some issues with Airtel HD quality.

Exactly. No one will object. But nothing is perfect, there will be tradeoffs and we have to accept it. Also this a home entertainment setup, people don't generally change it often. So we adjust. Hope that, moving forward we will have better products at our disposal.

If someday I leave DTH entirely, I will go for Apple TV. I already use a few products from the vendor and there products are of good quality and offers good user experience.
I totally agree with that. In India, mostly people will not care of the quality. They want max value for the money spent. So many people still not subscribed to HD channels and happy with SD. They are happy as long as they are paying less money.

So , we can't expect them to buy latest STB or paying good money for better quality.

I totally agree with that. In India, mostly people will not care of the quality. They want max value for the money spent. So many people still not subscribed to HD channels and happy with SD. They are happy as long as they are paying less money.

So , we can't expect them to buy latest STB or paying good money for better quality.
That's true, and low ARPU userbase is hurting the operators. That's why you see high NCF values from most of the operators. If they reduce these charges, along with profitability, the service quality will also go down.
To mitigate this, they need to focus more on high paying customers and cater them with better experience wherever applicable. This includes providing better hardware as well. Even if the user chunk is smaller than the masses. e.g- Nvidia Shield & Apple TV have smaller userbase but they offer good end-user experience.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock