Bigg Boss Season 6 Articles and Discussion thread

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 20,621

Gssran

Contributor
Reaction score
Bigg Boss season 6 coming soon on Colors, in this Thread we can discuss every update about Bigg Boss six,

V2aAt.jpg

RE: Bigg Boss Season 6 Coming Soon on Colors

Good Update
Season 6 will be better than previous one because Salman Khan was absent from Season 5

Yes hope so Mazhar bhai.

Salmaan Khan looking nice in it. :tup

Share more snaps. :tup

Bigg Boss: Salman Khan sends advertising rates roaring 20% in Season 6

salman-khan.jpg

MUMBAI: Salman Khan is inviting the family to watch Bigg Boss this time around as its begins its sixth season next month. So, whether it is the combination of Khan, who is riding an uninterrupted wave of success, or the fact that Colors is recasting the show as a family entertainer and is therefore expected to give the show a prime time slot, the much debated reality show, definitely one of the most expensive reality shows on Indian television at Rs 150-160 crore, is commanding a 20% premium on its ad rates this year.

In the fray for the title sponsors this year are telecom, FMCG and even a white goods company with the expected price, according to sources, within both television and advertising industries being around Rs 35-40 crore and ten second rates coming close to Rs 3 lakh.

Harish Shriyan, CEO of OMD says Khan's successful run at the box office does not necessarily mean that one can ask for higher ad rates, yet Khan's mass appeal is what has lured in the white goods brand which has thrown in its hat into the Bigg Boss ring for the first time. For now, these rates are still lower than what KBC has notched at Rs 3.75 lakh per ten seconds for this season. Cadbury is said to have paid, between Rs 20-25 crore this year.

For Colors, the success of this show is critical-- never has competition among the GEC's been so tough. Gross Rating Points (GRP's) are very close, with number one being held on tightly by Star while two, three and four are keenly fought between Colors, Sony and Zee.

According to TAM data for last week, Star led with 264 GRPs, followed by Colors at 245, Zee at 227 and Sony at 210. Colors is riding high on two of its fiction shows and the dance reality show of Jhalaak. But the battle is only going to get tougher, so moving away from the previous seasons, Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors has decided to broad base the show, making into a fully family entertainer and here they have definitely kept Khan's mass appeal in mind. "If Jhaalak (the dance reality show with Madhuri Dixit) is dancing with the stars, Bigg Boss will be camping with the stars," says Nayak who while choosing not to comment on the ad prices, does confirm that it is an expensive show and they are scaling it up further this year and have therefore priced it higher this time round.

He does add that there will be lots of opportunities for brands and active and passive integration possibilities.

According to Nandini Dias, COO, Lodestar, Colors premium pricing is because it will be shifting the time slot and the number of times that Khan appeared last year had been reduced due to his illness which has been increased this time. Yet, she also voices Shriyan's sentiment saying the success of a film is no guarantee that another creative property will work. "Every creative property has to stand for itself. Salman is seen as a successful anchor for Bigg Boss. But the eyeballs will depend on who the participants are far more than only the anchor," says Dias who feels last year the Bigg Boss brand took a beating because of the kind of content it had and had become difficult for families to view together.

Source

Kushal Tandon rejects offer to be in Bigg Boss season 6

kushal.jpg

The Bigg Boss fever is back. Yes, this Colors’ show anchored by “the” Salman Khan is all set to take you on another voyeuristic journey.

Speculations are high on the probable list of contestants who will be seen as inmates this season. Many names have been tossed in the air and now the latest we have learnt is that the channel also approached Kushal Tandon to be a part of the series. But the actor chose not to give a nod.

“Yes, I was offered Bigg Boss but I chose not to do it. I am very happy with my current show (Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai) and I am really enjoying my current phase in life. I don’t think getting into Bigg Boss will help to take my career forward,” shared Kushal with Tellychakkar.com.

He continued, “Furthermore, I can’t plot and all. I am a very calm person and hate negative vibes. Just not my cup of tea.”

Kushal also stated that he was offered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’s latest season as well. “I did not take it up as I don’t like people judging me every day.”

To each his own…Kushal. Have a great life ahead!!!

Via TC

Salman Khan - My father is the Bigg Boss of my house

salman.jpg

Salman Khan is back on TV with Bigg Boss season 6 but this time around the show will have a milder touch as it is all set to air at the 9pm slot.

This year, the series will see a few changes. As seen in the promos there will be one or more than one common man in the house. Apart from this, there will also be a few special elements in the house that will include a parrot name Radhe and a fish named Oh! Fish.

We at Tellychakkar.com were present at the press conference (PC) held by Colors’ for the launch of Bigg Boss 6. Upon coming on stage, Salman committed a few blunders that included him calling the ‘panic room’ which is a new room in the house as ‘pani room’. But then, he managed to move away with all of it with his enchanting personality.

In the PC, he introduced the audience to Radhe. This is when this parrot and Salman had a hearty conversation. And soon after this, we caught up with the star to know about his take on Jhalak and more…

When asked about the “changes” the audience will see in this season, the host said, “This season, you will get to see me every week on the show unlike the last, when I could not be a part throughout due to date issues. And there will be a few new elements in the house as well (as written above).”

Talking about the things he likes and dislikes about Bigg Boss, the actor averred, “One thing that I like the most about this show is that the original personalities of the contestants come out eventually. And one thing, I do not like is what these people end up doing which they shouldn’t, that includes a lot of useless screaming and shouting. Some people feel that screaming and shouting will help them win Bigg Boss but in the past whoever, has won be it Rahul Roy, Shweta Tiwari or Juhi Parmar; they have all been dignified people.”

Since this season is going to be a family show how different will it be? “We can’t control certain things that happen in the house. And selection will be just the way they happen. But, we will try and do the required editing. In fact every year, whatever is shown on TV, is cut properly as the fights in the house at times go to a different level. People don’t remember that there are cameras inside the house,” he observed.

“Since, I watch all the episodes of the show that includes the unedited version; I exactly know what’s going on in the house. In fact there were a few occasions last season where I intervened twice. For what was happening in the house wasn’t right. I even went overboard and said things at that point and what people saw on their TV screens was just one fourth of it,” Salman revealed.

So, according to you, in which direction will the show head to this season? “Had the contestants on this show been as close as my family members, I would have known if this will be a rom-com or action-packed season. But then I don’t know who is in. There could be some good people while on the other hand there could be ones who can’t stand each other.” After a little pause he added, “Everybody is going to be at their best for 24 hours but over a period of three months, one will get to see their real image and know their actual state of mind,” he observed.

Does the actor not know any prospective participants for real? “No, I do not know who all are going to be a part of this show. I too get to know about it on the final day,” he added. When asked who all would he like to see in the house, he remarked, “See, it’s not in my hands to recommend people. That is why even when people come to me for recommendation; I always tell them that it’s completely in the hands of the channel and the production house.”

We reminded him there will also be a commoner to which he said, “Even the commoner will have a personality. He will be an achiever. He must have done some kand for sure (laughs).”

Every season, Bigg Boss has controversial people in the house. When asked if this creates a negative image of the show, he observed, “Last season, we had Ashmit (Patel) whose MMS was leaked. But that wasn’t his mistake, it was of the ones who had done it; they were bad people. Even Rahul Bhatt for that matter was held in the Headley case though he had nothing to do with it. So if such people get a platform to clarify things what’s the harm? If their image is bad they clean it in first few days. But for the coming three months you see the real personality. So they are basically innocent people who are framed into such things.”

Lastly, taking about the Bigg Boss of his house, he shared, “My father (Salim Khan) is the Bigg Boss of my house. Not because he is strict but because he is correct.”

Well said…Salman!!!

Source

Bigg Boss season 6 returns bigger and better

MUMBAI: Colors is betting big on Bigg Boss season 6. Boosted by Salman Khan's presence this year, the broadcaster has made a slew of changes to the format of the show to make it more inclusive.

The broadcaster has positioned Bigg Boss season 6 as 'Alag Che' which literally means 'It's Different'.

Bigg Boss Season 6 will have several new elements to it, the biggest differentiator is the opportunity for a common man to gain entry into the Bigg Boss house. This, the broadcaster believes, will give the viewers an opportunity to experience in the Bigg Boss house from a common-man's perspective.

The other differentiator is the presence of two house guests - a fish and a talking parrot to give company to the housemates. The producers have also introduced a rule according to which any participant violating rules will be reprimanded to the Panic Room.

All this and other new elements will make the show appealing to the entire family, believes Colors CEO Raj Nayak. The show has also been moved to prime-time slot and will be aired at 9 pm from Sunday to Monday starting 7 October.

Will the change in format and introduction of new elements upset the applecart? Unlikely, says Nayak.

"Everybody is moving towards positivity zone, if you see all the shows that are doing well are in the positivity zone we tried that with Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. We also realised that we were alienating a lot of viewers therefore we have reformatted the show by introducing new elements without touching the soul of the show. We want to make it much more inclusive and provide wholesome family entertainment," said Nayak.

"We also want to broad base our viewer base and also our advertiser base. Bigg Boss till now has been youth focussed show with the 25-40 age group forming the core target group. We want entire family to watch also because India is largely a single TV market and we want to grab a large share of that segment. We are airing the show in the prime-time because we feel that the content that we will be airing lends itself to prime-time viewing."

The change in format will help Colors in maximising the return on investment particularly since a reality show is very expensive to produce, feels Nayak.

According to industry sources, the total cost of producing Bigg Boss will be in the region of Rs 1.5 billion.

Raj-Nayak---CE.jpg

The reasoning behind having a common man as a participant is to give loyal Bigg Boss viewers a chance to be a part of the Bigg Boss house.

"Bigg Boss is a cult programme and we have got a lot of loyal viewers who call us wanting to be a part of the Bigg Boss house so we thought why not give them a chance to be a part of the show and rub shoulders with big celebrities," Nayak reasoned.

The brief given by Colors to Endemol was that the show should have positive rub-off and casting should be done in a way that the participants connect with the viewers.

The broadcaster will spend close to Rs 100-120 million to promote the show. "There is only so much that you can do in marketing since there are only that many more media vehicles. But we have to shout louder since the clutter levels are higher. We normally spend about Rs 7-8 crore (Rs 70-80 million) on a reality show but for Bigg Boss we will spend close to Rs 10-12 crores (Rs 100-120 million) and this amount is only for the promotions outside the network spanning all the media platforms," revealed Nayak

The Colors chief is also unperturbed by the fact that Bigg Boss will compete with Sony's Kaun Banega Crorepati. "That's the reality of life everyday you are competing against someone or the other. At the end of the day, you need to have the conviction and belief that the show you are producing will do well," Nayak asserts.

The broadcaster is currently engaged in negotiations with existing as well as new advertisers. Bigg Boss will have eight sponsors which includes a title and a powered by sponsor and six associate sponsors.

The official sponsors would consume about 50 per cent of the inventory while the spot buyer's would consume the rest.

According to Nayak, sponsors and spot buyers will have to shell out more this time for the show since it is investing more money into the show and the scale is bigger than previous seasons.

"We have hiked sponsorship rates by 20-30 per cent," stated Nayak, "We are currently in negotiation with advertisers however everybody wants to see who signs first but that's the nature of the business."

However, media buyers are not enthused by this rate hike. "While Bigg Boss is an established property, there are other reality shows for advertisers to go to. We also have a lot of cricket coming up including the India versus Pakistan series, which will consume a lot of advertising monies," a media buyer said.

He also opined that advertisers this year have been cautious on their spends due to a slowdown in the economy.

Zenith Optimedia managing partner Navin Khemka believes Bigg Boss has the potential to attract new audiences.

"Bigg Boss is a well established property and attracts a lot of audience who otherwise don't watch GECs. It has an appeal among youth and advertisers who see brand fit will associate with the property," he says.

Indiantelevision.com > Media, Advertising & Marketing Watch > Bigg Boss season 6 returns bigger and better

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock