Bollywood latest news/gossips

Bollywood is changing big time: Jimmy Shergill
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bollywood-is-changing-big-time-jimmy-shergill/189824-8-66.html

Bollywood is a difficult place to be in: Ameesha Patel
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bollywood-is-difficult-place-ameesha-patel/189841-8-66.html

Remo D'Souza hospitalized

Choreographer turned-director Remo D'Souza, fresh from his success of the film F.A.L.T.U is all set to make India's first 3D dance film. Unfortunately, Remo was admitted to Sanghvi Hospital in Andheri on Monday after he was detected with dengue.

Though the choreographer- director is in hospital, sources say that he will be discharged in a few days. Remo made his debut as a choreographer with Bollywood Dreams and has gone on to work in films like Chameli, Dhoom, 36 China Town, Delhi Heights, Rock On and London Dreams.

Esha Gupta signed opposite Emraan Hashmi for Jannat 2

Prachi Desai and Paoli Dam's loss is Miss India International winner 2007, Esha Gupta's gain. Esha Gupta's looks and s#x appeal have helped her get the lead role in Vishesh Films Jannat 2, a sequel to the 2008 super hit film Jannat.

The role in question is that of Emraan Hashmi's wife in Jannat 2 and the films director Kunal Deshmukh wanted someone bold and sensual for the role. Prachi Desai was signed on for the role but the makers of the film apparently re-considered their decision to cast Prachi in the lead role, on the pretext that she was not as sensual as her role demanded her to be and Prachi too was not comfortable with her character and they parted ways amicably.

Mahesh Bhatt then recommended the Bengali actress Paoli Dam as she had the body language and the willingness to go all out for the film and met the requirements of the narrative. But Kunal seemed to be adamant on casting Esha right from the time he saw her as he felt she was perfect for the role. After a lot of discussions, Kunal managed to convince Mahesh Bhatt and co-producers Fox Star Studios.

Jannat 2 also stars Randeep Hooda and newcomer Imran Zahid. The music will be composed by Pritam. Esha will start shooting for the film in Delhi from October 7.

Sajid Nadiadwala, Akshay and Sajid Khan to bring Housefull 3 in April 2014?

In an industry that runs on pleasant coincidences and superstitions, arrival of a winning combination is always welcome. Akshay Kumar and the two Sajids in his life - Khan and Nadiadwala - aren't untouched by these factors either. While a lot is being read into their decision to prepone the release of Housefull 2 from June to April this year so that Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger can have a clean run, the fact also remains that for the trio, it is a win-win situation out there.

"Decision to arrive in the month of April and that too in the weekend leading to IPL was much thought of instead of being a knee jerk reaction", says a source close to the film, "Housefull had released in April last year and was a huge success. In fact it stays on to be the biggest ever grosser of all involved, whether it is Akshay Kumar, Sajid Khan or Sajid Nadiadwala. Now Housefull 2 would be arriving exactly two years after Housefull in April 2012. The trio believes that this should not just prove to be lucky for them but also cement the place for Housefull franchise as a 'once every two year' phenomenon."

If at all this ploy works, it would be an excellent position for the trio to be in since as of now the slot of April is left wide open every year since no big film dares to open around this time period when IPL is being played. Also, decision to arrive on an alternate April would only help the film establish itself as a commodity, just is the case with films coming from Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and Ajay Devgn.

"Diwali is generally reserved for either Shah Rukh Khan or Ajay Devgn. Eid is Salman Khan's territory while Aamir Khan always likes to come during Christmas", says a trade observer, "Amongst the top actors, only Akshay Kumar was waiting to catch hold of a regular slot for him. Now with Housefull team of Sajid Khan and Sajid Nadiadwala, he could well be arriving every alternate year around the same time."

Though it would be too early to say whether 2014, 2016 and years to come would also mark an arrival of yet another Housefull instalment, the makers have pretty much made a pact amongst themselves that there would be a definite combined offering from them every second year for sure.

"In fact we do have an idea already in place for Housefull 3 and I won't deny the possibility of bringing it in April 2014. However, one thing is for sure that this time period has caught our fancy", says Sajid Khan, "It wasn't planned originally to bring Housefull 2 next April. Still, now that we have finalised plans, it is about time we consolidate our position further. In any case our films are meant to be out and out family entertainers and what better way to bring audience inside theatres soon after completion of school examinations than to offer them a laugh riot every second April at the least."

Raveena Tandon to star in Neerav Ghosh's next

After co-producing the well-received Chalo Dilli, Mahesh Bhupathi has now moved on. His next production will be an independent production and that too with Raveena Tandon in the lead.

The comedy that Bhupathi will produce with Raveena in the lead is being described as a "Delhi Belly without the expletives but still with the anything-goes mood speed and dialogues."

The film goes on the floors later this year and will be directed by Neerav Ghosh whose debut film Soundtrack featuring Rajeev Khandelwal as a deaf DJ, is on release.

Neerav's film that Bhupathi has asked Raveena to do is an absolute antithesis.

Says a source, "Mahesh has known Raveena for the longest. When he read Neerav Ghosh's script he fell in love with it. It's madcap zany crime caper comedy and requires a housewife as its main protagonist. Mahesh and his director thought Raveena was perfect for the part. Raveena who has never done a full-on comedy was not too sure to begin with but Mahesh and Neerav convinced her. And also, Raveena's other heroine-centric film Sudipto Chattopadhyay's Shobhana 7 Nights got pushed forward a bit, hence Raveena agreed."

The crazy comedy would also feature Boman Irani and Aditya Panscholi.

Refusing to comment on the project, Raveena said, "I'm getting very interesting offers. This is a very important time for women actors in Bollywood. We have Vidya Balan doing The Dirty Picture, Bebo (Kareena Kapoor) in Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine. I am very clear about doing substantial parts and only when my children don't need me to be around all the time."

Director Neerav Ghosh confirms, "It's a black comedy about mistaken identity, gangsters, conmen, missing bag of money. And yes, Raveena is on."

Strangely, Mahesh Bhupathi denied he's producing this project.

Exploring Katrina's unbelievable run in Bollywood - Part I

In Bollywood, how many top actresses can boast of close to 90% success rate when it comes to box office success? Well, it isn't difficult to guess actually. There is just one and the lady goes by the name of Katrina Kaif. Rightly being hailed as the lucky mascot by many, her presence today is good enough to ensure that her film finds a queue of buyers for itself. In an industry where the sound of money is undoubtedly the sweetest of all, no wonder Katrina is at the top when it comes to the young stars.

This can pretty much be evidenced from the fact that today, Katrina Kaif is working with all three Top Khans - namely Aamir, Salman and Shah Rukh. Not just that as each of these three films are coming from the banner of Yash Raj Films, and that too in a single year, something that is unprecedented even for the prestigious filmmaking house.

But was it all that easy for Katrina to begin with? Not at all! And this is what makes the journey of this UK girl, who didn't know a word of Hindi when she decided to hit the stage, all the more awe inspiring. In Part I of this special feature, here's presenting the enviable box office journey that Katrina has enjoyed in her eight year long run so far.

A miserable beginning that boomed

To term Boom as soft p**n would be stating the obvious. In the garb of an A grade biggie, what with someone of the stature of even Amitabh Bachchan getting conned into doing the film, Boom stays on to be one of the worst films ever made in the history of Indian cinema. When even Big B didn't quite know what he was getting into, one can hardly blame a girl with stars in her eyes to have not got carried away.

Katrina Kaif So here she was, a girl who was just happy finding a big break in the company of the likes of Padma Lakshmi, Madhu Sapre and Zeenat Aman, consent to playing a character which had a funny name that went as Popdi Chinchpokli. A fusion of heist, modelling and s#x that went totally berserk in its narrative, the film required Katrina to get into quite a few dare bare shots. With women around her going totally uninhibited in their approach, Katrina too felt that this is what modern day Bollywood was all about and followed suit.

Of course she was uncomfortable in what she was doing and her worse fears came true when not just did the film bomb miserably but even her debut was universally panned. It seemed like the end of the road for the newbie and just when it seemed that it was time for her to pack bags, a Zanjeer like moment came in her life which managed to at least settle her career to some extent, if not elevate it.

Surprisingly the man who saw it happening in close vicinity was the angry young man of Zanjeer, Amitabh Bachchan, who was her co-star yet again (after Boom) in Sarkar.

Ramu came first, then Sallu

While popular notion is that it was Salman Khan who gave Katrina her first success with Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, the fact is that Sarkar came first. The role of Abhishek Bachchan's girlfriend was not great shakes to begin with but Ram Gopal Varma's penchant for extracting good performances from every actor in his film, regardless of the length of the role, ensured that Katrina was noticed. Also, what mattered was Katrina's decision to work only in A grade films and this is what worked in her favour as well with Sarkar hitting the bull's eye.

In an industry where it's the success that matters, it wasn't about what Katrina did in the film. It was more about what the film did for her. The film was a success and soon followed Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya that released in the same month and ensured that she was pretty much in the running.

Katrina Kaif This time around it was the Salman magic that worked in conjunction with Katrina's 'Barbie Doll' appeal that resulted in the film being a good success. Though the film was threatened by some no-shows since there were certain personal charges against Salman that were made public, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya fortunately managed to find some good ground for itself and sustained at the box office.

Katrina, despite the presence of much senior Sushmita Sen in lead, did quite well for herself and was now breathing much easier than before. Bollywood had found a heroine for itself who could be given many chances ahead and with Salman on her side; she was fast picking the tricks of the trade as well.

Go vegetarian, urges Veena Malik with new PeTA ad

wVgDf.jpg

Pakistani actress Veena Malik is urging people to give up meat and turn vegetarian as she poses for the new PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) ad campaign.

"I am Veena Malik and I am a vegetarian," Veena, who shot to fame with her stint in the fourth season of reality show "Bigg Boss", proudly says in the ad.

The ad marks a worldwide Vegetarian Awareness Month - October.

"Going vegetarian is one of the smartest decisions I've ever made. I feel better, I'm healthier and I have the satisfaction of knowing that my food choices also help protect animals and the environment," Veena said.

Veena joins the list of prominent actors, sportspersons and celebrities like Lara Dutta, Shahid Kapoor, Pankaj Advani, Anil Kumble, Amrita Rao, R. Madhavan, Murali Kartik, Rahul Sharma and Monica Dogra, who have starred in pro-vegetarian ads.

The 27-year-old actress is set to make her Bollywood debut with an item number in Riteish Deshmukh-Genelia D'Souza-starrer "Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya".

I missed being on silver screen: Shilpa Shetty

LOaWu.jpg

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, who is returning to the big screen after four years with the Sino-Indian venture "The Desire", admits that she missed being on celluloid but has learnt to prioritise her life with time.

"I have taken a backseat from showbiz purely out of choice because I am really enjoying what I am doing. I've been there and done that," Shilpa.

Shilpa, who married Britain-based Indian businessman Raj Kundra in 2009, wants to focus on her personal life and business.

"I miss being on the silver screen but I have learnt to prioritise things and my marriage is obviously my first priority.

"Then all my ventures where I have put my hard earned money and my sweat and toil into, obviously require time. So it's not possible for me to dabble into too much," she said.

The 36-year-old, who has appeared in nearly 40 films, is soon going to make her debut as a producer.

"My production isn't on hold. We are still working on it and there will be an official announcement very soon," she said.

Her film, "The Desire", chronicles the journey of an Indian classical dancer, Goutami played by Shilpa, and the love story between her and a Chinese artist, Jai Leang, whom she meets during a travel assignment.

Jimmy Shergill to star in Karisma's comeback film 'Dangerous Ishq'

yjlzK.jpg

Lagta hai Jimmy Shergill's not happening Bollywood career par char chand lag gaye. After seeing his performance in the recently released Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster, Vikram Bhatt has cast him in his Karisma Kapoor starrer Dangerous Ishq. Will he quit Punjabi cinema now?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock