Bollywood latest news/gossips

Ravi budhwar

Reaction score
yes,friends DDF makes this one specially for all the latest news/gossips of bollywood. so you can post all the news regarding bollywood in this section .thanks all my dear friends and start posting in the threat

Lata Mangeshkar honoured with Hridaynath Mangeshkar award

Lata Mangeshkar was honoured with the first Hridaynath Mangeshkar award for her outstanding contribution to Indian music at a glittering function yesterday and was gifted a cheque of Rs. 1 lakh, a trophy and a shawl by none other than Amitabh Bachchan. The said award has been instituted by Hridayesh Art; a city- based socio-cultural organization.

After receiving the award, the melody queen showered praise on her brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar, in whose name the award is being given. Speaking on the occasion, Lata didi said, "Hridaynath and my other three sisters never sought any financial help from me." She also added that "I consider you (Amitabh) as God as far as speaking in Hindi is concerned. I am proud that I have got the award from Amitabh Bachchan." In his traditional baritone voice, Big B said, "I pray to god to give us a long life so that we can hear Lata for years to come."

In the same event, Lata felicitated Yash Chopra, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kavitha Krishnamurthy, Sonu Nigam, Suresh Wadkar, Sudesh Bhosale and Bela Shende.
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/09/29/7971/index.html

Sunny Deol and Prakash Raj to star in Endemol's Traffic

Every year, cardiovascular diseases claim 17.3 million lives - making it the leading cause of death across the world. This is precisely the reason for World Heart Day, an initiative by WHO and World Health Federation, which spreads awareness all across the world. Now, a thrilling new film Traffic is all set to throw light on another life-saver - heart transplant. The film will star Sunny Deol, Prakash Raj, Jimmy Sheirgill, Paresh Rawal and Rajat Barmecha.

Traffic, the Hindi adaptation of the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Malayalam film, is about the triumph of human spirit against all odds on a single day that brings together absolute strangers in a race against time to facilitate a heart transplant spanning two cities.

Blending taut medical drama and spine-tingling adventure, the original Malayalam film was inspired by a real incident in Chennai in September 2008. Hitendran was only 15 when he met with an accident on September of 2008. The boy was riding his father's bike and the crash damaged his brain fatally. His doctor parents, Dr Ashokan and Dr Pushpanjali, realised their only son was slipping and made the bold decision of donating his functioning organs. Since the heart cannot be kept for long after its removal from the body, a frantic search for a potential recipient led to 9-year-old Abhirami, who was fighting for her life in another hospital. While Chennai's traffic would result in a 45-minute journey between Apollo Hospital, Teynampet and Life-Line Hospital, Mugappair, the city police commissioner pulled out all stops to ensure the route was clear and the heart reached its destination in mere 11 minutes. Abhirami's life was saved.

The Malayalam original struck a chord in Bollywood, where a host of top-notch actors, who saw the film, have enthusiastically come forward and accommodated their schedules to be part of the film's ensemble cast.

Traffic's producers, Endemol, are confident that like its Malayalam original, the Hindi avatar too will appeal the audience. Says Deepak Dhar, MD, Endemol, "This story of triumph of human spirit will surely connect with the family and youth audience." While Rajesh Pillai, who directed the original, has been roped in for the Hindi remake, Dhar reveals, "Casting has been done for most of the major roles - it's Sunny Deol, Prakash Raj, Jimmy Sheirgill, Paresh Rawal and Rajat Barmecha. Few more important members of the casts will be finalized shortly."

Karisma Kapoor to play Hema Malini's role in Satte Pe Satta remake

Sanjay Dutt, whose first production Rascals is due for release next week, is all set to go on floor with his second production which is the remake of 1982's Satte Pe Satta, in December. Satte Pe Satta will be directed by Soham Shah, who has earlier made Kaal and Luck.

Sanjay Dutt will be seen playing the dual roles of Ravi and Babu which were played by Amitabh Bachchan in the original and Karisma Kapoor, who is making her Bollywood comeback with Vikram Bhatt's project Dangerous Ishq, will be cast opposite him.

Kajol was the original choice for the role played by Hema Malini in the original but since she just delivered a baby, Sanjay didn't want to pressurize her to return to the studio. Sanjay then approached his Lagey Raho Munnabhai co-star Vidya Balan for the role but she was busy with her other assignments. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was also offered step into the shoes of Hema Malini, but she got pregnant. There were also talks of Madhuri Dixit Nene being approached for the same role but finally they decided on casting Karisma Kapoor as she is a fantastic actress and suits the role perfectly. Sanjay Dutt is also planning to request Amitabh Bachchan to introduce the characters in the remake.

Emraan-Abhay steer clear of Hrithik-Ajay tussle

Even as there is an ongoing tussle between Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Devgn about occupying the coveted Republic Day weekend with a film of theirs, two relative youngsters who are happy standing in a corner and smiling at all the 'tamasha' are Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol.

"Their Shanghai was first to announce 26th January next year as the arrival time even though Aamir Khan's Dhuaan had made it's intentions clear for this date. Tezz came in later while Karan Johar suddenly decided to push Agneepath for the same day when Dhuaan got postponed. There have been quite a few closed door discussions that have happened during last fortnight. No one wants a two way clash between Agneepath and Tezz", says a source.

While this is pretty much a known issue and resolution doesn't seem to be round the corner any soon, what is interesting to note though is that no one seems to taking Shanghai as a major threat.

"In a way this is good news for this Dibakar Banerjee film because no one wants it to move away from its slot. The competition is between the big guns and basically Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Devgn have to fight. It is also going to be a fight of egos because just a week after Hrithik's Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Ajay's Singham had hit the screens. In comparison to Rs. 90 crores earned by the former, latter went on to score a century with a Rs. 100 crores total. The battle lines are drawn but Shanghai is comfortably sitting on the fence and watching the show", the source continues.

It makes sense as well for the Emraan Hashmi-Abhay Deol starrer because it is a given that either Hrithik or Ajay would have change in plans.

"Shanghai would start worrying only if both Agneepath and Tezz stick on their release plans. This is when it would be impossible for a third film to squeeze in. Possibility of that happening is quite feeble though because producers Karan Johar as well as Ratan Jain are experienced players in this game. None of them would consciously want to eat into each other's business. Shanghai can then feel comfortable in the limited space provided to it regardless of whether Agneepath or Tezz is the one it has to take on", says a trade guru.

When contacted, Dibakar appeared to be open minded about the situation ahead. He says, "Of course we are much smaller in comparison when it comes to budget. However, the fact is that we are quite confident about our film which is a good thriller. Also, we are safe in terms of cost and size. Eventually it all boils down to the story of David and Goliath. We will take a call when the right time comes."

Salman, Aamir are my seniors: SRK

By Hindustan Times

They may not be the best of buddies anymore, but the baadshah of Bollywood has a soft corner for the reigning Bodyguard of the film industry.

Shah Rukh was his loquacious best while replying to a query on what he felt about the "phenomenon that is now the new Brand Salman Khan", at the 'Express Adda' event, hosted by the Indian Express, in Mumbai last night.

"These are my senior actors. They were working in films (for) about four years before I came. Aamir and Salman. Everybody keeps talking about us, the triumvirate," SRK said.

"We were as friendly as could be. And at times very close, I believe. Aamir, myself and Salman, we shared some really good moments. We used to go for drives and stuff like that. Sometimes you realise that a lot of proximity, closeness brings about you know... too much familiarity and we step on each other's toes."

Shah Rukh said, "To me, any star who does well, is fantastic. Audiences love the way he (Salman) dances. I can't do that. It does not mean I can deride it. I have seen Dabangg and I think it is a fantastic film."

"To be reigning for 24 years as a movie star is a great achievement. I wish, when I grow up, I will also become a great star like one of these boys," he said.

"I have a huge amount of appreciation for anyone who has achieved any kind of stardom. When it comes to someone like an Aamir Khan or a Salman Khan or even the younger boys, I think you have to sit back and say, wow, it is very cool and just appreciate it.

The actor, whose ambitious venture RA.One releases next month, said, "the pressure encourages you to think, that I am gonna try harder and match upto it. You have someone to look upto. I am humble enough and great enough to accept that," he said.

"People believe that because the relationships have soured over the years between some of us, one would not appreciate the stardom (of others)," he said.

Asked if he would join politics, Shah Rukh said, "I want to die an actor." "This profession takes up all my time. When I meet politicians, everybody believes I am joining politics. I say, why don't you believe they are joining films," he said.

Salman Khan in Bodyguard sequel?

By Hindustan Times

Buzz in the trade circles suggests that actor Salman Khan, 45, will be seen in a sequel to his last hit film, Bodyguard. Atul Agnihotri, Salman’s brother-in-law and co-producer, says: “It’s a possibility. As far as Bodyguard goes, the story can be taken forward. Lovely Singh (Salman) is a bodyguard, so he can fit any situation or genre. And he isn’t married nor does he have kids. But we haven’t begun thinking on those lines yet.”

Right now, Salman is busy shooting for Yash Raj Films Ek Tha Tiger in Dublin with Katrina Kaif. “He is always available for family, but he also has a responsibility towards his fans. Plus, I haven’t spoken to him for a long time. Let’s see how things work out,” says Agnihotri.

Reliance, BVG Films & DAR Motion Pictures to co-produce Dangerous Ishq

Reliance Entertainment will co-produce Dangerous Ishq along with BVG Films and DAR Motion Pictures who have earlier given us hits like Haunted 3D.

Dangerous Ishq, which is directed by Vikram Bhatt will be his second stereoscopic 3D film post the success of his film Haunted 3D. It stars Karisma Kapoor, Jimmy Sheirgill, Rajniesh Duggal, Divya Dutta and Ruslaan Mumtaz.

The film marks Karisma's return to the big screen after five years. The 3D flick will see the actress in a glamorous avatar opposite Rajniesh Duggal and will release around May/June next year. The music for the film is being composed by Himesh Reshammiya.

Salman Khan: 'Had I waited, would've landed in coma!'

Salman Khan has finally returned to India after his surgery, and will be at the ND Studios, Karjat today with co-host Sanjay Dutt, shooting the first episode of Bigg Boss 5 that airs on Colors. Earlier this week, he was in Dublin, shooting with Katrina Kaif for Ek Tha Tiger.

As soon as he wraps up work for the TV show in India, he will fly back to the Irish capital immediately to resume the film shoot. Throughout the TV show's season, which flags off on the small screen tomorrow, the actor will be dashing in and out of the country, juggling his TV and film commitments.

"But I'm trying not to burden myself too much. I've started working out, in keeping with the doctor's instructions. I'm careful about what I eat, my daily routine and my work. I can't help the travelling bit, because Ek Tha Tiger requires me to be at several international locations. And I can't leave Baba (Sanjay) alone on the show. So, I'll shoot some episodes, then my movie, and the cycle will go on till the season ends," reasons Salman, who has cut down on smoking, but not quit entirely.

Before the surgery last month, the actor had been on strong medication for Trigeminal Neuralgia, though it wasn't very effective. During one of his health checks, he was also discovered to have an aneurysm. After suffering for seven years, Salman finally decided to undergo surgery soon after Bodyguard's release. His left wrist still bears the stitch marks.

"I've recovered about 60 per cent. There's no surefire method to cure this. But in hindsight, if I had delayed the surgery, let's say for another year, who knows? I would have landed in a coma, the way Jagjit Singh is right now. I'm sure in his case, the aneurysm must have been at its highest," states the actor, adding, "I don't know if I really need to undergo another surgery. It depends on what the doctors suggest after the check up, two-three months from now. My family, staff, friends are looking after me. I've nothing to worry about."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock