Seeking Help Buzz/Ringing sound at startup

mark2gp

Reaction score
Hi,
Got a new xstream box (V3)
I am getting a sharp ringing sound that lasts for just a second. Its quite loud enough that i am afraid might damage the speakers.

The box is connected to the tv with the supplied hdmi cable. My application version is 2.1.4047

I checked with a different cable, but the problem still exists.

This is not an issue with the TV or speakers as i am/have not experienced when connected to my earlier Airtel HD stb or firestick.

Is this a common issue or a fault with my unit?

Hi,
I am getting a sharp ringing sound that lasts for just a second. Its quite loud enough that i am afraid might damage the speakers.

The box is connected to the tv with the supplied hdmi cable. My application version is 2.1.4047

This is not an issue with the TV or speakers as i am/have not experienced when connected to my earlier Airtel HD stb or firestick.

Does not seem to be an issue with the XStream box rather could be some technical compatibility or some setting related issue with the TV or box

Hi,

Looking sound is very loud. Yes your speaker core might be damage. If its continues Speaker's sound clarity will be reduce. Try to mute your sound before switch off the tv.

Checked in detail, seems to be a problem with the specific combo of my tv (vu/hisense 40' hdtv) and xstream V3 stb.

Both these devices do not exhibit this problem, when connected with other equipment.

Mailed ADTV cc regarding this 2 days back. They have not responded yet.

Airtel Service finally showed up. After multiple follow ups & lack of support from our local dealer, they sent an outstation service exec, with the promise to reimburse me for charges, if any. :cautious:

They did a factory reset and the sound was gone. :rolleyes:

But once they left (without collecting any fees!), I connected to the internet and after software updates, the sound was back! Have informed them, they are going to check again. :(

The local technician visited, verified the issue and provided this solution :- The box had to be taken away for testing, and on confirmation, they would issue a replacement. No standby box will be provided and no time-frame. There seems to be a fallout between Airtel and this distributor. Because of this, they cannot guarantee a timely replacement.

He also said that they were facing a huge failure rate of these V3 boxes with 11/15 being returned in the recent weeks. And Airtel claims that this problem is unique to our locality/distributor.

@Vadirocks any idea about this scenario in TN/KA?

Finally got rid of it! :wink2:
Seems to be a dolby related issue.

Go to :-
Settings - Android Settings - Advanced Settings - Voice - Audio Settings - HDMI Audio Output

qSpZ0I1.jpg

Set to PCM ( I don't use dolby features with this TV)

And viola! the sound is gone!!

This is how I managed, YMMV :wink2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock