Reaction score
Here are the pics of the Dish elevation level of my C band dish :

sotRS.jpg

You can observe three markings as follows :
(a) TH : Dish elevation level for Thaicom 5 @78.5 degrees E
(b) IN : Dish elevation level for Insat 4A @83 degrees E
(c) AS5 :Dish elevation level for AsiaSat 5 @100.5 degrees E

Z9lHO.jpg

It can be observed that the elevation level for Thaicom (TH) and Insat (IN) are very close to each other, while for AsiaSat 5 (AS5) the elevation is more as compared to both the former satellites.

Important : Marking of the elevation levels will make satellite tracking more effective as you will remember the elevation levels next time when you tune the same satellite on a single LNB C band dish.

pN7vi.jpg

Note : You can notice the inclination of the Dish towards AsiaSat 5. This is my latest pic of the dish after i have tuned AsiaSat 5 C band signal.

CLXVH.jpg

Thanks

biswajit.HD

Note : This is my own hypothesis based on which i have found a method for effective satellite tracking. Feedbacks and valuable suggestions are most welcome.

Yes very nice method to mark Elevation. Also you can mark the Azimuth (Horizontal position of dish) on the circular ring feet.
Easy method to do this is take a spare piece of wire or rope from LNB to ring feet of dish. Suspend it from near the LNB center and mark the point where the rope touches the ring.

Yes we can easily get signal next time if you mark like this in our Dish. I like Vinay's suggestion.

biswajit.HD said:
Thanks for the feedbacks @everybody :)

Well it's nt just the feedback for ur work..Its just your hard working and on which u get ur best wishes from us...on dis HARD WORKING...:c

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock