C band on 70cm dish experiment

• Thread starter arp91
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 3,563
Newb_Dxer said:
You can buy one from solid website.
My query is can this experiment be successful on a dish tv eliptical dish like this ?
e94c76789921b3aac0a2653c6b259cb4.jpg

You should try, I saw a video on youtube about mounting c lnb on ku dish, though the dish was 1M in size , it was elliptical in shape, and this dish is 75m in size, I think if you try, you can get some positive results.

arp91 said:
You should try, I saw a video on youtube about mounting c lnb on ku dish, though the dish was 1M in size , it was elliptical in shape, and this dish is 75m in size, I think if you try, you can get some positive results.

Actually in every forum and even on youtube experts advise that 90cm is the minimum for ku dish to get c band signals.

If some one manages to get it on 60 cm ku dish then he is the actual expert.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been finding sats for a long time now, but whenver there is a discussion about getting C on a small dish( by small I mean < 90cm as you would often read comments that there is no chance of getting C on dish below this size), have all those who actually say this tried?? Perhaps not!! I think everyone who has C lnb should at least try it on a small(75cm or less) dish. Let's settle this debate about 90cm thing, let's see for real if that is the case.

arp91 said:

Yes I think the breadth of this dish is 75 cm and height is only 65 cm.But I am not sure.

I always try to get the maximum from such small dishes as everyone is not going to buy those big dishes for various reasons including lack space etc.

Newb_Dxer said:
Actually in every forum and even on youtube experts advise that 90cm is the minimum for ku dish to get c band signals.

If some one manages to get it on 60 cm ku dish then he is the actual expert.

With C band EIRP values I think 90cm is starting point, and that is totally fine, as the weakest beams seem to require at least that size dish, however, ST 88e has very strong eirp values , like 42db, though I am not an expert I think there is no harm in giving it a shot. If doesn't work fine, but if it does, that will help lots of folks who are stuck with small ku dish and limited choice of channels.

arp91 said:
With C band EIRP values I think 90cm is starting point, and that is totally fine, as the weakest beams seem to require at least that size dish, however, ST 88e has very strong eirp values , like 42db, though I am not an expert I think there is no harm in giving it a shot. If doesn't work fine, but if it does, that will help lots of folks who are stuck with small ku dish and limited choice of channels.

Yes I agree with you.

Actually there is lot of misinformation going around on social media specially youtube about satellites and their reception.

Like most people were saying it is not possible to get Laosat and even Yahsat on a small ku dish but now I am getting both satellites so much so that Yahsat is giving nearly 80% signal on some TPs and even some signal on 10730 TP of Laosat which is considered impossible for many in Punjab region.Even.I considered it impossible until recently.

So dont worry about what others say as most are just guessing without even trying any setting.

Waiting eagerly for your next update.

Best of luck

atleast ur tried :clap

kudos to ur efforts :c

but yes 70cm is just too small for C band. :s

U can get few tps, here n there on 90cms though :tup

shawl_who said:
atleast ur tried :clap

kudos to ur efforts :c

but yes 70cm is just too small for C band. :s

U can get few tps, here n there on 90cms though :tup

Thanks for your appreciation :) . I am just finding that out, I tried to set asiasat 3, but got very little signal, not enough to lock any of the TPs. I will try two more sats Chinasat which has eirp value of 42db at my location and also ST ,again. That will conclude this experiment, if I can't get these then I suppose it's quite impossible to get others with a 70cm dish. If someone has 75cm or 80cm dish they should also give it a shot, so we know the exact threshold.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock