Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

Atharv Patil

Reaction score
All STAR channels
LScC2II.jpg

In Digital / NXT digital have opted not to sign the new NTO RIO, resulting in disconnection of channels across major broadcasters.

Interestingly UTV channels are working, Viacom18 as well

N0njhCz.jpg

kwAemGB.jpg

This is what I recieved from my LCO today morning
jH7zgL3.jpg

LCO saying that talks are on, I personally feel either a stay on NTO 2.0 (which won't happen hopefully) or signing new RIO can only solve this.

Last edited:
I think MSO/ Cable TV operators have taken wrong decision which will further lead to them losing subscriber base . They should have continued negotiations with broadcasters on this issue and resolved it amicably. Let us whether broadcasters take a step back & rollback the hike or MSO/ Cable TV operators lose subscribers to DTH Platforms in near future

Same issue with UCN Cable

Translation:
Important message

Dear customers, Broadcasters have hiked the prices drastically as per TRAI's new tariff order.

Please note that broadcasters have pulled the channel from our platform as we have decided to protect the interests of consumers from any increase in channel prices.

Request your cooperation

cPHxNuF.jpg

Absolutely a correct decision. NTO lead to decline in active cable subscribers. NTO 2.0 will lead to further decline specially when telecom operators are giving 5G on complimentary basis. And broadband being affordable doesn't help here either. DTH operators didn't took a stand. Cable is atleast doing something. 👍

Bad days for Star 🥲

Not only Disney-Star channels but MSO/Cable TV operators likely to not provide even channels from other broadcasters as they r not willing to sign New RIO agreement hence eventually all broadcasters (barring few with which they sign agreement) will gradually disconnect the signals to respective MSO / Cable TV Platforms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock