Cable or DTH ? Which is better after the implementation of TRAI's New Rules For Cable & DTH ?

SKRajeev

Reaction score
Which is better - Local Digital Cable or DTH Providers after the implementation of Trai's new rules for cable & DTH ?

Dth is best because cable is playing game with subscribers. They charged extra from subscribers and not give freedom to choose 100 channels of their choice. They are forced to choose their basic 100 fta channels pack and than only allowed to chose the channels of their choice so NCF is increased

We can't get local siti channels in DTH

No rain interruption in local cable.

More regional news channels in local cable .

But in DTH, operators providing options to choose FTA channels whereas in local cable, there is no such option

Last edited:
How much we need to pay for one day?
Please explain briefly about lock in period.
See as of I know only about TATA Sky if you subscribe to any channel today you can't drop it today but you can drop it next day.
You'll charge for 1 day if drop 2nd day. @Sagar bro Correct me if I'm wrong.

DTH is better (Airtel / Dish /d2h). Almost all the packs released by boradcasters are available on them when you want to create your own custom pack. None of the cable guys Hathway, DEN have a limited choice of broadcaster packs. This forces you buy individual channels causing the monthly price to shoot up. E.g. On DEN very few HD Broadcaster packs are available.
Also the websites of cable guys (Hathway & DEN) are pathetic when compared with those of the DTH guys.
I deliberately didnot comment on TATA Sky. They are crooks. Creating a custom pack on Tata sky after logging in a pain. They have designed their website in a manner that consumer lands up choosing their own expensive packs.

For sake of price were using Cable TV, though PIC quality is not that good, now price is universal i don't think going with cable is good.Also payment and choosing channel is a big headache.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock