Can I watch HD channels on standard definition CRT TV with dishtv HD set top box?

kalakhatta

Reaction score
Hi dreamdth friends,

I'm going to opt for ₹699 HD Upgrade offer so I want to know whether I can watch HD channels (provided with game on HD add on in this offer) on a normal/standard definition tv? It's a Samsung CRT TV.

RE: Can I watch HD channels on standard definition tv

u can watch on normal TV through HD connection ..

RE: Can I watch HD channels on normal/standard definition tv

Rom1moR said:
No,u will not able to watch them on standard dishtv set top box..

Thanks Bro but my set top box would be HD but my TV is standard definition CRT TV. So can I watch HD channels on that TV?

RE: Can I watch HD channels on normal/standard definition tv

Ur current SD box will be exchanged with HD box.. in 699/- u will get HD box, Monoblock LNB, A remote,batteries.. Game On HD (22 HD channels ) free for first month ,u can continue with current VC number on HD connection..

U can watch HD channels on that TV also.. but for better viewin experience,it's good to have HDTV / LED TV..

Rom1moR said:
U can watch HD channels on that TV also.. but for better viewin experience,it's good to have HDTV / LED TV..

Thanks bro. Searched online before asking here and found most of the people saying that you can't watch hd channels on sd tv. The screen would go black/blank. Got really worried reading that. But after your reply feeling relaxed.

kalakhatta said:
Thanks bro. Searched online before asking here and found most of the people saying that you can't watch hd channels on sd tv. The screen would go black/blank. Got really worried reading that. But after your reply feeling relaxed.

In airtel you can watch HD channels in Normal CRT tv...
As they have options to set resolution.....

If a option like this available in Dish tv you can watch even HD channels also in Normal CRT with reduced resolution...
Let Vicky bro or other users shed light on this

kalakhatta said:

You can watch HD channels in crt TV but better experience you buy a HD Led TV. Since 2013 I also watch hd CHANNELS crt TV With TATASKY HD.

I had experience long back. HD channels can be viewed on CRT TV. Only thing is as you do now have hdmi connection in CRT TV hd channels appear like sd channel. If due to some new software update in recent years this has changed, then I am not sure.

There is an option to change resolution in DIsh TV. SO even if you are experiencing blackout issues, it will be resolved after changing resolution. And you may need HDMI to AV converting cable as there is no AV output in HD box

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock