Seeking Help Can I watch YouTube without Binge subscription?

vinay232

Reaction score
Tata play is advertising only OTT apps and binge packs, no word about youtube anywhere. Their customer service too seems to be confused.

I was planning to switch from local cable to Tata play dth. Do they provide youtube app? Can i watch youtube with just tv subscription or buying their OTT packs is mandatory for watching youtube?

TV: Non-smart tv

You can watch youtube or any OTT app of your choice as long as you have an active tv pack.
Thanks. I already have an amazon prime account with 8 months of validity still. So I can able to log in with that account and watch. Right?

I just called Tata play customer service and asked the same thing. They are clearly saying it is not possible and I have to buy special binge packs starting from Rs.49 because I'm availing binge service (In addition to active tv pack).

And another question - Youtube comes pre-installed with binge set top box or do I have to follow sideloading tricks to install that? Because there is absolutely no information anywhere on their website regarding apps available apart from their OTT apps.

YouTube is pre installed on Binge+ STB and there is no need to opt of any binge/Netflix combo pack just you have to keep your account active by paying NCF.

Thanks. I already have an amazon prime account with 8 months of validity still. So I can able to log in with that account and watch. Right?

I just called Tata play customer service and asked the same thing. They are clearly saying it is not possible and I have to buy special binge packs starting from Rs.49 because I'm availing binge service (In addition to active tv pack).

And another question - Youtube comes pre-installed with binge set top box or do I have to follow sideloading tricks to install that? Because there is absolutely no information anywhere on their website regarding apps available apart from their OTT apps.
Yes, you can use your Amazon Prime account. I use to use like that.

That's incorrect information. You don't have to spent ₹1 to use any smart feature as long as you have an active DTH plan. Don't give OTP or sign up for any OTT service. Their job is to sell these services. They will try hard doing same.

YouTube comes preloaded. I would recommend to update to latest version before using it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock