Can Tata Play Binge be used solely on Phone & Laptop without using it on a TV?

TVBoy84

Reaction score
I will be traveling a lot over the next year. I am interested in watching TV Channels on the phone & laptop & not on the TV.

I was wondering if TV Play Binge allows you to subscribe only for Phone & Laptop without using it with DTH/TV etc?

How exactly do TV channels work on Tata Play Binge - Is it like cable TV/Dish - i.e. if on Cable TV/Dish a particular program, serial is shown at a particular time, will the same be show on Tata Play binge on the phone laptop also? I would prefer to have the exact TV experience - but if not, as long as the same programs are available, it's OK.

Considering my requirements, does Tata Play Binge suitable or are there any other company's packages which are available for my needs?

1). No you cannot do that. Tata Play is a DTH company providing OTT content in name of Tata Play Binge.

Your TV subscription should be active if you want both OTT and TV channels on Mobile App/ Laptop.

However you can chose OTT only Plans on Tata Play Binge App.

2). You can watch TV channels with Antenna and without Antenna in Tata Play Binge STB using internet.
Usually there is a delay in Online Broadcasting. This experience will be same as using JioCinema or Hotstar.

3). Considering your requirements either go with Tata Play Binge Plan (in Tata Play Binge App) or any other OTT service providers for OTT only.
& For TV channels just download JioTV and enjoy TV channels on Mobile/laptop.

Last edited:
However you can chose OTT only Plans on Tata Play Binge App.

What does OTT cover? What apps do I get with just the Tata Play Binge App?
Also, whatever I can see on the phone, can I also see on the laptop - for e.g. If I get hotstar on the phone with Binge, then will I also be able to watch Hotstar on the browser on the laptop?

Usually there is a delay in Online Broadcasting. This experience will be same as using JioCinema or Hotstar.

I have never used Jio Cinema or Hotstar, so don't know what is the experience. However, I think Hotstar is also available with Binge, right?

3). Considering your requirements either go with Tata Play Binge Plan for OTT only in Tata Play Binge App
& Fir TV channels just download JioTV and enjoy TV channels on Mobile/laptop.

Does JioTV work without a Jio Sim card?

Last edited:
What does OTT cover? What apps do I get with just the Tata Play Binge App?
Also, whatever I can see on the phone, can I also see on the laptop - for e.g. If I get hotstar on the phone with Binge, then will I also be able to watch Hotstar on the browser on the laptop?
OTT is refer to all online series/movies you watch. Netflix, Prime video and all other apps that provide online content are OTT Apps.
Yes you can watch on Laptop but that depends on Plans you choose.
In Tata Play Binge below is the HIGHEST plan which Tata Play Binge provide.
*No Netflix and Prime.
sXPrtH4.jpg

I have never used Jio Cinema or Hotstar, so don't know what is the experience. However, I think Hotstar is also available with Binge, right?

Does JioTV work without a Jio Sim card?
Yes Hotstar is included.

I don't think so. When I logged in JIO TV I have JIO Sim which I later Ported to other Operator. I haven't logged out from that and it is still working for me.

I don't think so. When I logged in JIO TV I have JIO Sim which I later Ported to other Operator. I haven't logged out from that and it is still working for me.

Just downloaded JIO TV on the phone & checked. It doesn't activate without Jio SIM. It says port your SIM to Jio.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock