Can TV be affected by lighting via DTH or Local cable tv cables?

HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score
Can TV be affected by lighting via DTH or Local cable tv cables as both of them are connected with TV round the clock?

I think DTH has an STB that might snap and protect TV, while local cable wires have boosters etc that can snap too to help.... wht say guys??

You Are right friend. Lightning affecting TV is on olden days, where in we had terrestrial antenna for DD connection. That too if the Building is low, the chances are so remote.

Now a days, the CATV wire comes through lots of Amps & Nodes. Also wee have STB connected, which will take the hit when such things happen. Same applies in DTH too.

But always there is a chance that these surge can happen through electrical port to which TV is connected. So its advisable to use Surge Protector or Stabilizer.

My neighbour TV got damaged by lightning . They are using Videocon dth. I don't know is it because of electrical port or because of DTH antenna.

sathishbabu4u said:
My neighbour TV got damaged by lightning . They are using Videocon dth. I don't know is it because of electrical port or because of DTH antenna.

Whether your neighbor's TV alone gets damaged or both STB & TV?

seems tv alone..
i haven't checked with them.. they bought new tv and didn't buy any dth.

sathishbabu4u said:

Should be mostly due to power surge due to either poor earthing or no Surge Protector or Stabilizer.

If your friend's home was the tallest structure in that area and if no cell phone towers around then the dish could have also been a reason.

Re: RE: Can TV be affected by lighting via DTH or Local cable tv cables?

HOUSE-MD said:
Can TV be affected by lighting via DTH or Local cable tv cables as both of them are connected with TV round the clock?

I think DTH has an STB that might snap and protect TV, while local cable wires have boosters etc that can snap too to help.... wht say guys??
Yes, according to my experience. In Kerala, asianet digital uses electric posts for cable network. Last year due to lightening, high voltage current was passed through cable network and all the TVs in my area got damaged. Luckily, I had extended warranty cover for my TV. But after that I got a habit of disconnecting cable and DTH from TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock