Seeking Help Can We Connect Tata Sky HD Set Top Box with Old CRT TV?

• Thread starter DTH Fan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 9,945

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys

I need to purchase a new Tata Sky connection for my parents. They have 2 TV sets in house: 1 LED TV and 1 old CRT TV.

They want to purchase a single set top box which can be used on both TV sets.

I want to know if I purchase a new HD connection, how can I connect the HD set top box to old CRT TV? Is it possible?

If not, will SD set top box work on both TV sets? Will it provide same PQ similar to HD STB?

Also is the UI of SD STB same as HD STB or is it totally different?

Thanks in advance.

Go for hd box
Connect led tv with hdmi cable
Both will work at same time but can only watch same channel at a time
You need to purchase av cord to connect crt tv or may required extra 3 wire to expand to another room if long wire cord not available in market

Thanks guys. So you mean all HD box models (including new ones) contain RCA cable connectors at back side which can be used to connect to old CRT TV?

One more thing to ask. If I purchase HD box and activate some HD channels and I connect the box to CRT TV, how will HD channels display? With black bars on top and bottom? Or no display at all?

One more thing to ask. If I purchase HD box and activate some HD channels and I connect the box to CRT TV, how will HD channels display? With black bars on top and bottom? Or no display at all?
You will be able to select the aspect ratio in picture setting. In that way you can control the video resolution in tatasky

You will be able to select the aspect ratio in picture setting. In that way you can control the video resolution in tatasky
He can set only one
So another tv will be compromised

I'll keep original default settings to be compatible with HD LED TV. My question is how HD channels will display when connected to old CRT TV? With black bars or no display?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock