Can we ever get a Full HD 16:9 Aspect Ratio Bollywood Movie Channel

DishHD

Reaction score
Now there are few Bollywood HD channels Like Star Gold HD, Zee Cinema HD and some times HBO Hitz and Defined HD also some times telecast few Bollywood Movies but none of them show that Movies in full HD 16:9 aspect ratio. Now personally what i know a Full HD content means that should show the content in 1080 p/i resolution and specially in 16:9 full aspect ratio, has other Hollywood Movie channels like Star Movies HD, Zee Studio HD, Movies Now HD, Romedy Now HD and HBO Hitz and Defined HD all of them show Hollywood movies in Full HD and 16:9 full aspect ratio then why not Bollywood Movies can be shown in Full HD and 16:9 full aspect Ratio. Now the question here is are Hollywood Movie makers using Latest and best Cameras to make their Movies and are Bollywood Movie makers are using Cheap and old Cameras to make their Movies

:angry :wall :'(

I dont think there is any big tech required for showing movies in 16:9 aspect ratio atleast for many new movie releases but problem is many viewers are still on SD. But definitely DTH/cable can introduce feature to show 16:9 aspect ratio on different types of TVs.

DishHD said:
Now there are few Bollywood HD channels Like Star Gold HD, Zee Cinema HD and some times HBO Hitz and Defined HD also some times telecast

:angry :wall :'(

I know what you mean. Its very simply. In indian cinema , they dont seprate editing for tv. for example when you were watching sd channel , what they usually do in india is they crop the movie little bit to reduce the black bars and broadcast it. They dont have seprate print for tv.

But look at the below image. What in hollywood they do is , mostly they shoot in super 35 mm , then then crop movie for cinema with 2.21 ratio and 4.3 ratio for SD TV broadcasting. so basically they shoot in widescreen or 16:9 ratio.

terminator2_super_35_exampl.jpg

When comming indian movies they also shoot in super 35 mm lenses. Even red cameras are with 16:9 or 1.85:1 ratio only. But these people doesnt care or dont want to do changes so that people will watch in the same ratio they watch it in cinema , thats why you get black bars.

all movies in hollywwood or india will be released in original aspect ratio as in cinema. If the movie is 1.85:1 ratio then you vil wtch the movie in same ratio. Take avenger movie. It is a 1.85:1 ratio movie. thats how i watch in theater as well as in tv. when you watching those ratio in cinema you will get vertical black bars in the corner of the theatre screen.

So when telecasting a HD movie , channel get 16:9 print from the producer where you see extra above and below compare to cinema version.

This is not the same case in indian cinema.

Hope this is useful.

play-2.4-anamorphic-bluray-on-16-by-9-hdtv_clip_image002.jpg

16-9_landscape_movies.jpg

widescreen_example_3musk.gif

Open_matte_film_illustration.jpg

Good info. It will be nice if they can remove black bars without distorting/cutting image otherwise better to show black bars.

Some international channels like Aljazeera, DW, Russia Today etc are in 16:9 format and in SD too. In DishTV I have seen their PQ is nearly looking like HD. Expecting the same for Indian TV Channels too.

Good Discussion (y)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock