Discussion Censorship on TV channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once English Movie chs of Times Network used to do minimal censorship but noticing since last few days even kissing scenes being edited out and cleavage blurred out in some scenes. Looks like lot of complaints received by them hence they r applying stringent checks

Two years ago I watched Rajinikanth's Kabali. The movie got a U certificate from Censor board. But after watching the film I doubted is this really deserve a U certificate? I think it should have been U/A. Because content was not purely child friendly..
And I also found this from Google.

How did 'Kabali' get a 'U' certificate? The Il'logic' of Film Certification

"after all, it’s a gangster film that has plenty of violence, with people dropping dead like flies in every other scene. There are shots of Kabali mowing someone down with a car, a pregnant woman held at knife-point and thrown to the ground brutally and several scenes where goons get shot in their head. There’s a severed arm in a box that’s delivered as a warning and towards the end, there’s a rather graphic visual of a hand getting shot and blown away. There are also references to drug and s#x trade in the film."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock