DDF Exclusive Channels like SONY PAL loosing revenue

Abhinav

Editor-in-Chief, DreamDTH News
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
After removal from DD free Dish, Sony Pal which once used to be among top on TRP rating is no longer visible in TRP data released by BARC India.
Now it's clearly visible that Channels like Sony PAL are loosing ad revenue at very high rate.

TMKOC is placed in prime time slot from 7 - 8 pm. Today the popular show ended at 7.45 and next show was started at 7.45 instead of 8pm. If Sony PAL is loosing Ads of 15 minutes even in prime time with such a popular show then things are really very bad for the Broadcaster.

Sony is a big cheater. He is not giving good discount for HD bouquet. They are charging double amount from SD and hd

Sony is a big cheater. He is not giving good discount for HD bouquet. They are charging double amount from SD and hd
You talk about discount. My dad only pays to watch Chandragupta Maurya. He isn't at home at 8 pm. So he watches repeats on 11:30 pm. But on random days they even don't air repeats. Thankfully I sideloaded Sony Liv even this was also was removed from MI TV for him to watch the shows. Their repeat timing are also very odd.

Just a Fun Fact.
Sony Pal charges around 700/sec for advertising.
So 15 minutes ad loss = 700 x 900 = Rs 6,30,000.
That's a lot for such a popular show.

It's a good news. Ch will shut down soon as no paid users are interested in rerun shows and so it will free up tp capacity.
Instead of shutting down. I would recommend them to rebrand it to fta kids channel for kids. It's horrible that there is no kids channel on Free Dish. Doesn't poor kids deserves some cartoons?

Instead of shutting down. I would recommend them to rebrand it to fta kids channel for kids. It's horrible that there is no kids channel on Free Dish. Doesn't poor kids deserves some cartoons?
Sony Yay can be turned into FTA. But the problem is no channel from any big network (except Big Magic, owned by Zee) will dare to come to DDFD now. And Maha Cartoon was a cartoon channel only in name. Soon it became a teleshopping channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock